Sunday, August 17, 2008
13 Summer Blessings
I've been studying happiness for the last two summers. One easy way to increase happiness is to count your blessings.
So, here's a look at my summer blessings:
(1) I registered my 5,000th book at BookCrossing.
(2) Total books read so far this year: 201. An amazing number of great reads.
(3) Our 30th anniversary trip to San Francisco, especially a visit to City Lights Bookstore and Yosemite and time spent with my husband.
(4) Twenty-five pages of my book written.
(5) Day after day of cool breezes blowing off the Gulf, making for perfect front porch reading.
(6) New school library, walking distance from my house.
(7) Two big blood drives.
(8) Relay for Life, shooting water pistols off at a fellow librarian
(9) Galveston, buying those wonderful polka-dotted flip-flops
(10) The Houston Chronicle Book Sale, purchasing 82 books for $125
(11) Summer Read-a-Thon
(12) Visiting with my parents and old friends and my family
(13) 23 Things, learning about Web 2.0