Sunday, August 3, 2008
Sunday Salon: Meme
I snagged this from Reading Rooms' blog who got it from Dewey's blog! It’s The Errant Dreams Author Meme. Since I've never done a meme, I thought I'd have a go. Here are the rules:
* Answer the questions as you see fit. Although they’re all phrased to ask about a single author, feel free to respond with multiples, or even a list.
* Where possible & convenient, include a link here or there to an author’s website, your review of one of their books, or a review that inspired you to try the author(s), so your readers can get more information on anyone that sounds interesting.
* Tag five people and drop by their blogs to let them know you tagged them, or open-tag your readers.
* It would be nice if you included a link back to your tagger.
1. Who’s your all-time favorite author, and why?
Has to be Dr. Seuss. Genius using only 100 words.
2. Who was your first favorite author, and why? Do you still consider him or her among your favorites?
I would have made Madeleine L'Engle my best friend when I was ten.
3. Who’s the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why?
F. Scott Fitzgerald. I read Great Gatsby a few weeks back and thought it was brilliant.
4. If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth? Are there any you’d add on a moment of further reflection?
Kate DiCamillo. Lois Lowry. Christopher Paul Curtis. Elizabeth Berg. Anne Tyler. Carol Shields.
5. Tagged: All you Sunday Saloners, consider yourself tagged.