Saturday, February 21, 2009

2008 Cybils Winners Announced!

The 2008 Cybils winners have been announced. Here are my favorites among the winners:

Nonfiction Picture Book
Since I served as a panelist for this award, I was happy to see the winner in this category was Frogs by Nic Bishop.

Fiction Picture Book
I checked How to Heal a Broken Wing out of my own school library yesterday.

Easy Reader
Every kid loves Mo Willems. This year's winner for this category was I Love My New Toy.

Young Adult
I just finished Hunger Games yesterday. Whew. What a tough book to read....I wonder when book 2 will be out....

5 comments:

  1. The sequel to Hunger Games comes out in September. I finished it recently, too, and thought it was fantastic.

    I see you're reading The Once and Future King...I can't wait to hear what you think! It's high on my list of "I Must Read This Soon". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised to find that Once and Future King is slow going....Lots of this and that about what knights were and what castles were like....New info for me and it takes a while for this old brain to process everything....Good story, thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in B&N recently and just as my eye caught Frogs on one of the end caps, a grandmother and young grandchild came up beside me with the grandchild excitedly saying, "There it is!" and off they went with a copy of Frogs. I loved seeing the enthusiasm!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live for the excitement of other readers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I plan to read The Hunger Games later this month. I've heard nothing but great things about it!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.