Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hour 13: Mid-Event Survey and My Mini-Challenge Goes On!

Link to mini-challenge: Join BookCrossing!

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
Boyology

2. How many books have you read so far?
5: Goodbye, Mr. Chips; Streetcar Named Desire; Member of the Wedding; Breakfast at Tiffany's; Tales from Outer Suburbia

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
That Night

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
I had to be transported by big truck from a shower I had to attend when our streets were so flooded my small car couldn't make it through the water!

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
See above!

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I am very prepared!

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Everything has been wonderful.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
No showers on the same day as a Read-a-Thon or no heavy rain! :-)

9. Are you getting tired yet?
No.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Read half the book before the Read-a-Thon starts to get you deeply into the book.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! A bad rainstorm? Good idea about starting books before the Thon. I have one I'm in the middle of, I might go back to that in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have floods? That's crazy!

    Your tip is great. Both times I started with a book I was already into. Not on purpose but it does help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you feel so prepared, even with unexpected difficulties! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of rain. Great job on reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn that rain! It sounds like a bit of excitement!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.