Saturday, October 24, 2009

Readathon: Hour 1 (Checking In)



Where are you reading from today?
I'm at home in Alvin, Texas.


3 facts about me …
I'm married, with two grown sons. (That's one.)
I am a librarian at a wonderful primary school. (Two.)
I love to read and write. (Three.)


How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
I hope to read and review 26 nonfiction picture books, all Cybil nominees.


Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
Two goals: Read and review 26 Cybil nominees.
Visit a few blogs and leave comments.

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time?
Read, read, read!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the read-a-thon! Enjoy these first few hours-they'll fly by! I'm sure you'll do great. :D And I wish I was in Texas! I'm a displaced Texan. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking a break from reading to say – have a great day and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great afternoon and the leaves are falling, wind is whipping through the trees here in Auburn, Alabama, great time to curl up with that next book and keep on reading!!! Hot chocolate and cookies have got to be around there somewhere!!

    Go Reading,Go Reading,Go Reading!!!
    Rebecca
    the Transcendentalists team!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.