Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Green Books Campaign: Easy to Be Green



This review is part of the Green Books campaign. Today 100 bloggers are reviewing 100 great books printed in an environmentally friendly way. Our goal is to encourage publishers to get greener and readers to take the environment into consideration when purchasing books. This campaign is organized by Eco-Libris, a a green company working to green up the book industry by promoting the adoption of green practices, balancing out books by planting trees, and supporting green books. A full list of participating blogs and links to their reviews is available on Eco-Libris website.



I'm a school librarian. Last year, I must have had fifteen teachers ask to checkout books about ecology on Earth Day. What did we have in our library? Nothing.

I decided to change that. I've been actively seeking out books on recycling and ecology. Easy to Be Green is one of these.

Easy to Be Green is printed on 100% recycled material, with vegetable-based inks. It's filled with activities for children to do to help the Earth, all promoting the 3 R's, reduce, reuse, recycle.

I'll be reusing this book by adding it to the books in my school library!

5 comments:

  1. It is good to teach kids about earth friendly practices not only on Earth day but every day. I had a good time participating in the Green Books campaign as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to reuse the book and make sure that kids have access to it. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I have a growing collection of children's and picture books that are green or discuss greeness. This one looks like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an interesting book and definitely a concept children need to be introduced to sooner rather than later so they grow up thinking this stuff is second nature. It still amazes me that my kids forget to recycle obvious stuff despite the fact that they hate watching me scrounge in the trash to rescue recyclable material (I am the source of all that is embarrassing at the moment).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great project and thanks to readerbuzz and others for doing independent reviews!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.