Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Salon: Readathon: Lecture des Pensées

C'est le temps pour jeter un coup d'œil au Readathon.

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
At midnight, I fell asleep. Ironically, I was reading Jean Rhys' Good Morning, Midnight.


2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? The French theme kept me reading...well, at least until midnight.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
An activity to keep one awake those last few hours...Jumping jacks? A run around the block?

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Everything. The cheerleaders. The organizers. The mini-challenges. Everything.

5. How many books did you read?
Four.

6. What were the names of the books you read?
M.F.K. Fisher's Serve It Forth
Hemingway's A Moveable Feast
Bemelmans' Madeline
De Brunhoff's The Story of Babar

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Serve It Forth

8. Which did you enjoy least?
They were all exquisite....no bad reads!

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
NA

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I definitely will participate and I will probably be a reader again.
 
 



I have to list ten facts about myself
and then pass the award on to ten more bloggers, so here goes:

1. I'm going to Paris this summer.
2. I am a primary school librarian.
3. I've been reading since I was two.
4. I'm trying to read all 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up.
5. I'm learning Spanish and French.
6. I love to trade books at BookCrossing.
7. Coffee...any kind...any place...any time.
8. I'm a good walker, but I'm going to start running. Slowly.
9. I always visit bookstores and libraries on vacation.
10. I love to connect with other readers...
So befriend me at Facebook...GoodReads...Twitter...and become a follower here on my blog.

I'll pass these awards on to ten other book bloggers:

 
Photo by JohnCohen

18 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the Read-a-Thon. My first time to take part and I only did one book review for it - Sunday Salon: Read-a-Thon Wrap-Up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't M.F.K. Fisher wonderful. I think she is very under-rated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed with your French theme for the read a thon and with how much you got done - Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read down to the bottom of every post! Thank you for the awards. Something very nice to recieve on a rainy Sunday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to get these awards, Readerbuzz. So kind of you! I love them!

    Harvee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your Read-a-Thon Lite post. 10 April was a really bad date for me and I almost didn't participate but I thought, "what the hay?" Even though I was only able to read for slightly over 7 hours during the 24-hour event, I still had a great time. And, now I'm having fun going around and reading the blog postings that various participants have made.

    See you in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, just wanted to say - Thanks for the Cheers! I thought you did a great job cheerleading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did great! I did push-ups and sit-ups last night to stay awake. I didn't last long - only until 11:30 pm or so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your award! I had my own dance party to keep me awake, but that didn't work very well--fell asleep early anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently discovered M.F.K. Fisher - love her writing! Disappointing to see A Moveable Feast as the book you enjoyed least... it's my next read (I think).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! Thanks for visiting my blog and inviting me over here to visit! Have a happy week--
    *smiles*
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. The readathon was so fun - so glad you enjoyed it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Babar-I LOVE Babar! Those books were some of my favorites as a kid, and I was secretly excited when I started taking French in high school to get to read them again in French!Sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done on both the read-a-thon and those awards. I really don't know how you manage the read-a-thon. As much as I love reading I don't think I could stay awake that long and it would certainly take more than a run around the block to keep my eyes from shutting. Thanks for sharing your expeience with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting theme - and how funny to fall asleep reading Good morning, Midnight... It is a great pleasure to discover your blog.

    Thanks for sharing

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just discovered your blog ... love it! I read several books a week so this is one place I plan to check out on a regular basis.

    READ ON!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Babar.

    Glad to see you had such a successful Read-a-Thon.

    And congrats on your awards. I'm still new to your blog, but from what I've seen, it certainly looks like you deserve them. =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much! Thanks for coming by and reading my blog. I post my book reviews at www.5-squared.blogspot.com
    as well as some of my other friends on there as well.
    Congrats on your awards and keep up the great work on your blog as I'm sure you will!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.