Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Top Ten Characters I’d Like To Hang Out With


I live a quiet life.
The biggest adventure of my entire existence
was the summer I worked in Yellowstone Park.

So, for this Top Ten Characters I'd Like to Switch Places With,
I'm going for Adventure.

I'd like to go along on some adventures 
with real people. 
Real people featured in children's nonfiction picture books.

And then, of course, Return Safely Home.

So, here we go...




I'll start by travelling along with Jacques Cousteau
under the sea.




How about zooming across America with Jackson and Bud
on the first cross-country automobile trip?





Maybe I could go camping with president Teddy Roosevelt next.




I love the American West,
and I'd love to help Yellowstone Moran paint all the beautiful sites.




I have a terrible fear of heights,
but surely I wouldn't be afraid
 if I walked between the towers
with tightrope performer Philippe Petit.




And if I'm already on a tightrope,
it will be easy-peasy to head off to the moon
with the Apollo 11 astronauts.




When I get rested up from that big trip,
I'll take off for Africa,
and teach there.




While I'm in Africa anyway,
I'll head over to gorilla country
and hang out with Jane Goodall.





All these adventures are going to make me hungry,
so I'll zip over to Paris and
spend time cooking with Julia Child.




I might need to take a little break from all these adventures
and relax in Paris by writing poetry with Gertrude Stein.



Who'd you like to hang out with?



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

11 comments:

Reflecting Bookworm said...

Great post! I love how you turned explorer :D
RB

Louise said...

Wow, I think that this might just be your most creative and inspired top 10 post yet!

Sam (Tiny Library) said...

There's nothing wrong with a quiet life, although I too like the idea of adventuring through these books!

createyourworld.me said...

Great post - all those book covers are so beautiful!

Anne said...

What a great list! All of the books look like fun reads!

Parrish Lantern said...

Great road trip, but watch that Gertrude, as she can a bit of a bother.

Parrish Lantern said...

Great Road trip, but watch that Gertrude, as she can a bit of a bother.

LBC said...

I could definitely go for cooking with Julia. I love your list. Went straight to my childhood for mine when I really did want to be the characters that I read in my books.

emmegailsbookshelf said...

I love your list! Working at Yellowstone is my dream job! :) Here's my list.

Milka said...

Cool list - haven't heard about any of these probably due to the fact that I am not around children's books anymore. :)
Thanks for stopping by at my blog!

Ryan said...

Interesting choices!