Sunday, January 6, 2013

Mysteriously



I love surprises.

Six bags of beautiful books appeared at my house yesterday. Six bags. That's sixty-four books. All children's books. All mysteries.

These will be perfect for my school library, of course.

But how can I pass them on without perusing them a bit first?  ;->




Don't these look wonderful? 
Have you read any of these? 
Thoughts?


The Sunday Salon is open to anyone who'd like to discuss books of a Sunday (or, frankly, any other day of the week). We've actually been around for some years -- see http://dhamel.typepad.com/sundaysalon/ -- but managing the group via that site became a problem because of its size and we had to limit membership to a little over 500 members. I'm now throwing the doors open to anyone who'd like to participate. Discuss what you're reading here, or link to relevant blog posts, or comment on one another's posts. Enjoy.



13 comments:

  1. I'd be interested to see who sent them on to you. Children are going to be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that does look wonderful! what a kind, generous act!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great gesture. I hope you find out who left them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you're reading about Mr. Penumbra's bookstore. I read it a few weeks ago. Liked it quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't read any of those, but I did read the first Incorrigible Children book and it was fun for middle grade.

    Lucky you to have such a benefactor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely OMG! These look really new, too. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course you must peruse them first! What a tempting lot!

    Enjoy....and here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great gift! I haven't read any of them yet but The Templeton Twins is on my reading list. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lucky find for you and the library and the children. Hope you enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME!!!
    I just read book 1 of The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place - The Mysterious Howling and it was really good.
    I haven't seen any of the others before but it looks like a good selection. Lucky kids. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had no idea kid mysteries were so popular.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fantastic! The books have certainly landed in the right spot. I haven't read any of the ones you've pictured, but love the covers of the Incorrigible Children and the Templeton Twins. I'm sure you'll get to reading a few of them before they make it to the library.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.