Sunday, January 29, 2017

Did I Really Read 41 Books in January?

Who can explain why I've been on a reading roll since the beginning of 2017? It certainly helped that I finished ten books on January 1st, and it was a bonus that I knocked off fourteen children's books on Multicultural Children's Book Day last week. But the forty-one book total for January isn't just books for the wee folk; I also read and reviewed lots of other books, including the 700-page Barkskins. Here are some of my favorites for January, including links to their reviews on Goodreads.

Barkskins       The Annotated Alice       The Battle for Room 314









What are you reading today?
What is the Sunday SalonImagine some university library's vast reading room. It's filled with people--students and faculty and strangers who've wandered in. They're seated at great oaken desks, books piled all around them,and they're all feverishly reading and jotting notes in their leather-bound journals as they go. Later they'll mill around the open dictionaries and compare their thoughts on the afternoon's literary intake....That's what happens at the Sunday Salon, except it's all virtual. Every Sunday the bloggers participating in that week's Salon get together--at their separate desks, in their own particular time zones--and read. And blog about their reading. And comment on one another's blogs. Think of it as an informal, weekly, mini read-a-thon, an excuse to put aside one's earthly responsibilities and fall into a good book. Click here to join the Salon.

The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share news and recap the past week.

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at The Printed Page. We share books that we found in our mailboxes last week. 
 It is now being hosted here.


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews in which you can share the books you've acquired.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from! I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is now being hosted at The Book Date.

22 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Everything I Never Told You a while ago....and I'll be reading Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk this week. I'm curious about Barkskins....

    Enjoy your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's impressive! I usually read 10 books a month but this month I've only finished six. I want to read News of the World and Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk looks interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first read the blurb for Lillian Boxfish... I thought that is the one book I want to read this year. I'm SO glad your review confirmed my initial reaction. I think it will be a February read for me.

    Now, to read the other reviews and see how many more books I need to add to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your reading year is off to a great start! Everything I Never Told You was one of my favorites a couple of years ago, and I see several more that have recently been added to my wish list. Hope February is just as good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! 41 books is a lot!!! Awesome job!!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It definitely made me feel better when I read that some of those 41 were children's books! :-) I am reading March: Book 3 by John Lewis and The Boy in the Black Suit by Jason Reynolds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a great beginning to 2017! While 10 books on the first day and a bunch more for Multicultural Day is a bunch, you've still been reading like crazy. The only one I've read above is Celeste Ng's book and I liked it so much more than I thought I would. Hope February is just as good!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Moly. Though I do have 43 picture books on hold at the library right now. You have such terrific taste; I always want to read the books you mention, or if I read them, they are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 41 book! Wow, now THAT's impressive. Looks like a pretty eclectic mix too. I think I might enjoy The Almost Nearly Perfect People, those kinds of books always make me curious. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a nice array of books. Conquering 700 pages of Annie Proulx is more than I could do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 41 books is amazing! Scary amazing! I usually average 3 / week but had a lot of 400+ page books earlier this month so my numbers were down a little...

    ReplyDelete
  12. 41. WOW. I did the opposite. I read three. I couldn't get any traction whatsoever and still don't have any. Oh well. I will find interest in books again soon I am sure. (All the things that are happening in our nation are really distracting me.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great reading month! I should finish book 19 today. Come see my reading week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did for sure have a great reading month with a 700 pager thrown in, now that is some reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I am in awe of you and your reading prowess!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, just wow. I used to read eight or nine books a month but I'm starting this year out slow with only four in January. Must. Read. Faster!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow on 41 books...amazing.

    How did you like NEWS OF THE WORLD? I really enjoyed it.

    Have a great week, and I hope February is a wonderful reading month for you too.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bravo!! I need to turn the news off and spend more time reading! I only finished 2 books in January. :( I'm very curious about Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk. Just from the blurb and the cover, I'll bet it will appeal to fans of A Man Called Ove and Major Pettigrew's Last Stand.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of good ones there! I love the book covers. Many are on my TBR list! I thought Everything I Never Told You was excellent but so sad.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.