Sunday, October 11, 2009

BOOk-ish October!

I'm loving October!

(1) I won a $100 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble for perfect attendance at school. I spent the day at B&N and brought home six great books. (Are you wishing I'd list the titles? They will surprise you....Okay, here they are: How to Cook Everything; Yellowstone Expedition Guide; Happiness; Haiku Mind; Poems to Read; and See It & Say It in Spanish. Satisfied?)




(2) I was chosen as a judge for the Cybils, children and young adult literary awards. I'll be reading books from one of my favorite categories, nonfiction picture books.





(3) I was part of a book tour for the first time. Make Ahead Meal for Busy Moms. A bit of a cooking fiasco, but quite fun.






(4) Next week will be the start of the school book fair.








(5) After the book fair will be Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon. I've got a stack of books set aside to read for the read-a-thon. Children's books, ya books, graphic novels, poetry, anthologies...these all worked well for me last time.





(6) And the weekend after that will be the Texas Book Festival. Some of the authors I hope to see are Brian Floca, Margaret Atwood, Elizabeth Berg, Rick Riordan, Richard Russo, Amanda Eyre Ward, Rosemary Wells, and Jon Scieszka. And I'll be bringing about thirty BookCrossing books to release at the festival.



Books, books, books...Gee, I wonder if, with all this book busy-ness, I'll actually have any time to READ?!

9 comments:

  1. Wow you've had a busy October and it's not even half over!!

    WOW ...a $100 gift card for perfect attendance; sounds unheard of, but how great for you. Enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,a B&N giftcard for attendance! That is very cool. I recently had a $100 giftcard for B&N too, and it was soooo hard for me to decide what to buy. Too many options!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I read about...TWO pages today. Too much time blog-hopping. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is so awesome! I don't think I ever had perfect attendance, but a $100 gift card would have been some good incentive. Congrats on being chosen as a judge for the Cybils!

    I'm excited to be participating in the read-a-thon for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it fun to having a shopping spree at B&N?! :)

    I wish I could attend the TX Book Festival. I'd love to meet Elizabeth Berg!!! I'm so envious!! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat a great bookish month you're having! I'm jealous. Are you going to wrap some of the Cybil nominees into the Read-a-thon?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the gift card, that's wonderful!

    I'm looking forward to the readathon, too. Such a wonderful event.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so wanted to go to the Texas Book Festival but I don't think I'll be able to make the trip. I hope you'll blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will definitely blog about it. I've got my camera charging right now.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.