I'm loving October!
(1) I won a $100 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble for perfect attendance at school. I spent the day at B&N and brought home six great books. (Are you wishing I'd list the titles? They will surprise you....Okay, here they are: How to Cook Everything; Yellowstone Expedition Guide; Happiness; Haiku Mind; Poems to Read; and See It & Say It in Spanish. Satisfied?)
(2) I was chosen as a judge for the Cybils, children and young adult literary awards. I'll be reading books from one of my favorite categories, nonfiction picture books.
(3) I was part of a book tour for the first time. Make Ahead Meal for Busy Moms. A bit of a cooking fiasco, but quite fun.
(4) Next week will be the start of the school book fair.
(5) After the book fair will be Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon. I've got a stack of books set aside to read for the read-a-thon. Children's books, ya books, graphic novels, poetry, anthologies...these all worked well for me last time.
(6) And the weekend after that will be the Texas Book Festival. Some of the authors I hope to see are Brian Floca, Margaret Atwood, Elizabeth Berg, Rick Riordan, Richard Russo, Amanda Eyre Ward, Rosemary Wells, and Jon Scieszka. And I'll be bringing about thirty BookCrossing books to release at the festival.
Books, books, books...Gee, I wonder if, with all this book busy-ness, I'll actually have any time to READ?!