Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Top Ten Fictional Crushes


10. Jack in Happenstance by Carol Shields


9. Tadpole in Tadpole's Promise



8. Franklin Todd in The Gold Bug Variations



7. Roland Michell in Possession


6. John Ames in Gilead


5. Dog in Go, Dog. Go!


4. Gus in Lonesome Dove


3. Calvin in Wrinkle in Time


2. Ashley Wilkes in Gone With the Wind



1. Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird

Who are your favorite fictional crushes?


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND sign Mister Linky at the bottom to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Don't worry if you can't come up with ten every time..just post what you can!

22 comments:

  1. I think my biggest crush has been on Crowley in Good Omens with a close second being Barrons in the DarkFever series.

    I also wanted to stop by and let you know about a new group called Book Bloggers Unite. We'd love to have you check us out at
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bbunite/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so cute that you like Dog in Go Dog Go lol! too funny

    and *note to self* must read Gone with the Wind!!


    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only know Ashley, but I prefer Rhett, what made you choose him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Possession sitting on my TBR shelf right now; can't wait to get to it. I don't really get literary crushes, but I do find many admirable characters lurking in the pages!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it horrible that I've never read any of these books?

    Am I allowed to say Ron Weasley lol? The grown up version of course.

    And I'd have to say Ammar ibn Khairan, from Guy Gavriel Kay's Lions of Al-Rassan. It's impossible not to love him :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharyla, thank you for telling me about the Yahoo group.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daisy, I always go for the silent intellectual type over the bad boy. Thus Ashley over Rhett.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erica, it's not horrible that you've never read any of these books, but, girl, get busy! You are missing some fantastic reads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Atticus would totally be on my list. I'm not even ashamed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your style, always picking an off beat selection like dog in Go, Dog, Go! Ha!
    This meme has just rekindled my crushes on the guys on my list. sigh!
    -Anne
    http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you used all sorts of characters. And for sure, Atticus kicks butt man!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Atticus is the only name I recognize on your list! I need to spend less time on the computer and more time reading!

    Thanks for joining in on this week's topic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Props for Atticus! He's such a wise, respectable figure in the book, but portrayed by Gregory Peck? HERO WORSHIP NOW. That man was gorgeous back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some Good crushes here. Im a old follower.
    www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. HA! I love your #5. I'm pretty sure he would be at the top of my 3-year-old daughter's list; you have good taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Atticus is the ideal man--don't know if I want to have him or be him;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've at least heard of your top five... but the others? I'm not familiar with them at all!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! Atticus and Ashley Wilkes!! ;") Thank you for commenting at my "Top-Ten-Fictional-Crushes-List"!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm thinking I need to read some of the classics cause I haven't a clue who some of these guys are...

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a fabulous list. I need to read Go Dog Go again, it looks like. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.