Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Beautiful Illustrated Books Set In or Near Paris

Yes, I know, I know, Paris in July is over---it's already August. But I really wanted to share my favorite illustrated books set in or near Paris this week, so I did.


Paris in Winter: An Illustrated Memoir by David Coggins (Memoir)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick (A 544 Page Fiction Picture Book)

Dear Paris: The Paris Letters Collection by Janice MacLeod (Memoir)

Coco Chanel (Little People, Big Dreams) by Maria Isabel Sánchez Vegara (Biography Board Book)

Marlaguette by Gerda Muller (Fiction Picture Book)

 Crêpes by Suzette by Monica Wellington (Fiction Picture Book)

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Fantasy)


750 Years in Paris by Vincent Mahé (History)

Bon Appetit: The Delicious Life of Julia Child by Jessie Hartland (Biography Picture Book)

Ooh-la-la: Max in Love by Maira Kalman (Fiction Picture Book)

Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans (Fiction Picture Book)

Linnea in Monet's Garden by Christina Björk (Fiction Picture Book)




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.   

21 comments:

  1. When I saw The Little Prince on your post it took me back in time to when I was at school doing French - it was one of the first books I read in French. I went to Paris to stay with my French pen friend that year - happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely some lovely covers here! Paris is such a fertile setting for books, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to find "Paris In Winter." That looks like my kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great theme and beautiful mix of covers! Madeline will always be a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Madeline books when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cover for Dear Paris is absolutely gorgeous! I haven't been to Paris but it's on my bucket list and hopefully I'll be able to visit one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these covers. Great topic. Dear Paris is my favorite. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute covers! I don't think I'd have any if I had a look 👀 Great choice of topic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see nothing wrong with extending Paris into August :) Nice covers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paris in any month is a lovely thought! ~Carol @ ReadingLadies

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list. Almost all the books you name were written in English. They come to mind, I think, because Paris is so endlessly fascinating to English and American writers. I wonder what a list of books by French writers would include. The AI summary says: “Classic and modern books about Paris written by French authors include Les Misérables by Victor Hugo, The Belly of Paris (Le Ventre de Paris) by Émile Zola, and Journey to the End of the Night by Louis-Ferdinand Céline.”
    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cover for Dear Paris is so stunning!
    Here's my TTT for the week: https://readbakecreate.com/favorite-covers-for-the-murder-of-roger-ackroyd/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice list! These are definitely pretty covers! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved Madeline as a kid <3 thanks for the trip down memory lane! Great topic choice for today :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list, Deb! I do love illustrated books, and the covers on these books are lovely! Thank you so much for sharing, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good list, I haven't read any of these.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such wonderful covers, Deb. Paris in summer is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely covers! I think the DEAR PARIS one is my favorite.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts.