Saturday, September 5, 2026

The Sunday Salon: My First Ukulele Class is Hard

 





 We are happy you joined us at the 
Sunday SalonWelcome!

What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a spot to link up and share what we have been doing during the week. It's also a great opportunity to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on. 

I encourage you to join in by adding your link below and then visiting other bloggers and leaving a comment on their posts. 






What I Read Last Week:

The Midnight Train by Matt Haig (Fantasy)
Wished by Lissa Evans (Children's Fiction)





What I'm Reading Now:

The Art Thief by Michael Finkel (Nonfiction)
Emily of New Moon by L. M. Montogmery (Fiction)








What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:

SHORTY SEPTEMBER


Shorty September Update 2 / 12

Hometown Shorts (Local Author/Setting)

Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan (64 pages)


Elton John’s Wedding Shorts (Something Outrageous)

Trash! A Garbageman’s Story by Simon ParĂ©-Poupart









I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:




Good Thing #1:

I made focaccia bread.



Good Thing #2:

Okay, my first ukulele class was HARD!
But I have learned that I learn best
when a class is difficult.



Good Thing #3:

I agreed to serve on our library's friends board.




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.

14 comments:

  1. What a fabulous list of books, Deb! Not sure if you saw the special post I made on my blog yesterday, but I could not comment on any blogs for over a day, but it seems that many, many people were affected! Thankfully the comments are working again, and here I am visiting you and able to make a comment. :)
    I hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a good person to agree to serve on a library board!
    I’m intrigued by your book list.
    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had The Art Thief on my TBR list since last November! Your ukulele class is starting off with a difficult song. When I was trying to learn, my dad (musician) started me on songs that could be played with three chords. But you may be more adept than I was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried ukulele but always enjoy going to the uke concerts the local group has. We have an event in twn once a year -- Mighty Uke Day! It's always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are learning to play the ukulele. I’ve never played a stringed instrument but I have several others. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't carry a tune never mind imagine playing an instrument!! I have The Art Thief on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you ever read “The Feather Thief”? If not, I am sure it would interest you and you would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to hear about your first ukulele class. Keep at it! Ha! Good luck with serving on the Library Board. You will bring a lot to that position. Hope you book discussion of The Art Thief goes well. My afternoon book group did that one last fall. It was an interesting discussion, but not everyone loved it. Those are usually best. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet the ukulele is really hard!! Kudos for taking it up. Congrats too on the focaccia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the ukulele lessons. I admire you for taking this on. I also admire you for agree to serve on the library board. That's the kind of involvement we should all embrace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you enjoy the classes! Learning new stuff is always fun, though I confess I don't have a lot of aptitude with instruments (though I can sing and have had some training). I hope you're better at reading music than me, hahaha.

    I keep meaning to try Emily of New Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun with the lessons.
    My daughter wants to make Focaccia bread this Winter when we turn the oven back on. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm reading The Midnight Train, right now.
    My husband is goofing around on the ukulele right now. I'm sure you'll both improve!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, all good things! I love that you learn best when things are hard! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts.