Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Memorable Books I've Read with Others

Have all my favorite books been books I've read with others? Maybe! All of these are books I read with others and they are all books on my favorite books list.

Books my mom read with me when I was just learning to read:

  • Go, Dog, Go
  • The Little House by Virginia Burton
  • Caps for Sale

Books I read when I was a young person in a class in junior high, high school, or college:

  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
  • To Kill a Mockingbird
  • The Odyssey
  • Don Quixote
Readalouds in my classroom:

  • Wrinkle in Time
  • Where the Red Fern Grows
  • Henry Huggins
Books with my kids and grandkids:
  • A bajillion picture books
  • Hank the Cowdog books
  • The Hobbit
  • Little House in the Big Woods
Books I read to kids as a librarian:
  • The Little Match Girl
  • I Want My Hat Back
  • Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus
  • Martin's Big Words
  • Pete the Cat
  • Rotten Island
  • Where the Sidewalk Ends
Books I've read with other bloggers:

  • Moby Dick
  • War and Peace
  • The Thorn Birds
  • The Narnia books
  • The Oz books
  • 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up
Books I've read with my book clubs:

  • Little Women
  • Isaac's Storm
  • Unbroken
  • My Name is Asher Lev
  • The Westing Game





Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.   

23 comments:

  1. Ooh nice take on the topic! Some new to me ones here but some I recall reading for school and such. Great picks and memories attached!

    Here's my TTT

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could give seminars in cooperative reading, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IThe Westing Game - I remember loving that when my class read it in school. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!! As I was putting my list together, I noticed the same thing. My happiest reading memories were with others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, The Westing Game is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Kill a Mockingbird is one of the few books I had to read for school that I enjoyed reading and have actually read a few times.
    Here's my TTT for the week: https://readbakecreate.com/bookish-memories-book-tag-2026-edition/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to read The Westing Game. It has been on my TBR for almost my whole life. What a thorough list. I should redo mine and think broader, but I won't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Little House sounds cute.

    Here is our

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Little Match Girl made me cry the first time I read it. Thank you for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, I agree with so many of these! I remember Where the Red Fern Grows but those memories are not positive for me lol. I remember being absolutely devastated by this book and my mom crying while reading it to us. It is humorous now thinking about it but at the time, I was quite upset we had to read it for school.

    My Post:
    https://thegentlechapter.blog/2026/10/06/top-ten-tuesday-happy-memories/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed our buddy read with Thorn Birds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your interpretation of the prompt!
    Thanks for sharing your #TTT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVED Asher Lev! And, darn! I fogot Caps For Sale!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you did this today. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice list. Have a good a week. Here is my TTT. https://dmhoisington.wordpress.com/2026/10/06/top-ten-tuesday-44-books-that-conjure-up-happy-memories/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a long list of great books there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some of these I’ve read and many others are on my to be read list. Great books are a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. yep i've read a few of those!! Tom Sawyer and to kill a mockingbird... A wrinkle in time, the narnia books and on it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your list this week, Deb. So many wonderful titles. Thanks for sharing.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2026/10/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-that.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Deb I've read quite a few of those too. I read To Kill a Mockingbird for Grade 12 and when I worked in Public libraries as a librarian I read quite a few of those to the children as well. Now I have grandchildren, so I am looking forward to reading with them when they come home for Christmas. I am also in a book club, their books inspire me. Great list, thankyou. Best wishes, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a good list of reads. Many of these would make good buddy reads ... Maybe it's time for the Thorn Birds ... !

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are like my friend Suzanne who has tracked every book she's read for (literally) decades. (And movie or play, for that matter.) I track books, but only about 20 years back! It's a terrific list.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great list! So many good books and memories with other people. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts.