Thursday, July 9, 2009

Unread Books


An idea I got from The Toddled Dredge (via K for Kat). Here’s what she said:

“So here today I present to you an Unread Books Challenge. Give me the list or take a picture of all the books you have stacked on your bedside table, hidden under the bed or standing in your shelf – the books you have not read, but keep meaning to. The books that begin to weigh on your mind. The books that make you cover your ears in conversation and say, ‘No! Don’t give me another book to read! I can’t finish the ones I have!’ “


First of all, I've never in my life forbidden anyone to give me another book to read. I do not foresee that ever happening.

Second, if I listed all the books I have to read...if I even tried to list all the books under my bed...I'd be doing more than Booking Through Thursday...try Booking Through Christmas.

But...I COULD take a photo. All I needed to do was...ugh...dragggg these enormous...piles...of booooooks...from under the bed...whew!

Here's the scary thing: I am actually reading every single one of these books. Some, I'm just a page in. Some, I'm hip deep. Some, I can see the finish line.

Just please don't ask me to count these. And these are just the ones under the bed. I haven't even included the six shelves of books, double stacked, in the other room....

6 comments:

  1. Hey, Ms. Booking Through Christmas! That is exactly why I passed on this week's BTT. I don't have time to prepare that extensive of an answer! Btw, you won my BAFAB giveaway for the signed Adichie. Email me with your address?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! I will put down every single book in this enormous TBR in order to read the Adichie!

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow congrats on the Adichie book!! I can't believe you read that many books all at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm impressed that you completed this BTT. I passed on it too, partially because I'm lazy and partially because I'm scared to actually look at all my unreads in one place. Eeep! I'll save that for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of books. I shudder to think what my tbr pile looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh. My unreads are out of control too. But you definitely have me beaten on the number with bookmarks currently inhabiting their pages.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.