Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Books That Will Make You Cry



Books That Will Make You Cry


Of Mice and Men
The Things They Carried
The Hundred Dresses
Mrs. Bridge
The Road
Wilma Unlimited
Nothing by Janne Teller
Maus
Little Match Girl
Window by Jeannie Baker
Speak
Someday This Pain
Visit Sunny Chernobyl
As Simple as Snow
The Fault in Our Stars
Gone With the Wind
Old Yeller
Unbroken
The Spirit Catches You
Firegirl
Gilead
The Good Earth
The Breadwinner
These Granite Islands
Between Shades of Gray
Gift of the Magi
The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton
Where the Red Fern Grows
Frank McCourt books
The Hours
Out of the Dust

Once I started thinking of books, I just couldn't seem to stop. 
Everything, apparently, seems to make me cry. 

For a tidier, Top Ten list, take a look at this post from 2010.

Did I forget any books? Are any of these your favorite books-that-make-you-cry?


12 comments:

Sherry Bowman said...

The Lovely Bones had me crying - a lot. I've read a couple on your list but generally don't enjoy sobbing while reading.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Agreed, Sherry. Not sure exactly why I've read so many sad books.

chrissireads said...

Wow! What a list. I need to check out some of these books.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

It is certainly a long list.

barefootmeds said...

Hah! I've only read two of these. I'm not a big crier for books, although they do give me the feels.

Shannon @ River City Reading said...

Several on here that I totally agree with and even more that I've been meaning to read for a long time (like Between Shades of Gray!)

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I'm not a big crier, either. Or so I thought....

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Lots of good books on this, whether they make you cry or not.

thecuecard said...

Automatically I was going to say Where the Red Fern Grows but now I see you have it on the List. Maybe you could add: Me Before You and The Diary of a Young Girl / Anne Frank. But you got a good list.
Cheers. http://www.thecuecard.com/

Anne Bennett said...

Where the Red Fern Grows. Sigh. I love that book. I just decided that I am going to reread it now. My list is made up of cry-worthy books I've read since the last time Top Ten Tuesday had the same topic. So many of my books aren't as well known. Thanks for the masterlist!

btw,
You asked if you could Pin my Your Teachers Love... holiday decoration idea in my library. Pin Away! (And, I might add, kids are checking out the books, which makes me happy!)

Anne@My Head is Full of Books

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Such a great idea for a library...teachers' favorite books with hearts on them!

Nicole Hewitt said...

Such a long list!! You must cry as much as I do! :-)

Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction