Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Books on My Fall 2026 To-Read List


Some of these have already been published, some are just being published, and some are yet to be published.

The Odyssey by Homer, translated by Emily Wilson

A Planet Called Happy by Riley August

Kitten by Stacy Yu

You'll Love It Here by Natalie Sue 

Man Overboard by Kathleen Rooney

The Bookshop Woman by Hanako Hanada (September 15)

The Butterfly Season by Lea Korsgaard (September 15)

Exit Party by Emily St. John Mandel (September 15)

Life Out of Order by Audrey Niffenegger (October 6)

The Rush by Nathaniel Philbrick (October 6)

Partita by Barbara Kingsolver (October 6)

An Unlikely Visitor by Joanna Cannon (October 20)

Dead Batteries by Kate Maupin (October 27)

America Obscura: An Explorer's Guide to the Hidden Wonders of the United States (November 10)


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.   

32 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! All totally new to me ones here. I hope you enjoy all of these this fall!


    Here's my TTT

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh I totally missed that Kingsolver has a new book coming out. I'm excited about that one and the St. John Mandel one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ve got some intriguing titles lined up for your fall reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reading list — several of those should be on my list too, especially a new one by Barbara Kingsolver!
    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new novel by Barbara Kingsolver is always something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am tempted by the Audrey Niffenegger book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew you’d have a good-sized list this week. I’m curious about Exit Party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara Kingsolver is one of my favorite authors! I didn't know she had a new novel coming out! I'm also intrigued by You'll Love It Here.

    Here is my TTT: https://thissideofstoryland.blogspot.com/2026/09/top-ten-tuesday-fall-2026-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list, enjoy!
    I'm curious about America Obscura. I guess they put together all the parts from their site related to America, but still.
    My list has mostly classics, except 3: https://wordsandpeace.com/2026/09/22/top-ten-books-on-my-2026-fall-tbr-list/

    ReplyDelete
  10. All new to me and many I’d like to know more about

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently did Stephen Fry's series on The Odyssey and Troy after the new movie put all things Greek back on my radar. :) Hope you enjoy the Wilson...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got Man Overboard on my library holds but you have a few other titles I want to check out. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Mandel and Kingsolver books are on my list as well. I mean, how can you go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list! Most of these are new to me but I'm adding The Bookshop Woman to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you enjoy all of these when you get a chance to read them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some interesting looking books. I see The Odyssey on it, not sure I could ever read it but no doubt with the movie it will come to the front.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Partia is in my post. Rush I forgot! I was forced thru the Odessy as a high school Freshman. That was enough for me. I hope you enjoy it though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. An Unlikely Visitor sounds intriguing.
    Here is our <a href='https://www.longandshortreviews.com/miscellaneous-musings/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-fall-2026-to-read-list/">Top Ten Tuesday.</a> Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have You'll Love It Here on my TBR, and really hope I can get to it before the end of the year.
    Here's my TTT for the week: https://readbakecreate.com/autumn-2026-tbr-ten-books-i-hope-to-read/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great list. Of course I love the cover of Kitten. I have to check that out. Also, The Bookshop Woman looks like a good read too. Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have an ARC of Life Out of Order, but want to re-read The Time Traveler's Wife first. Guess I should get on it! I'm also excited about Kingsolver's new release. I need to tell my husband about Philbrick's new book. I know he'll be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A Life Out of Order seems to pop up on multiple lists this week!

    My TTT: https://laurieisreading.com/2026/09/22/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-fall-2026-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good list. I'm most curious about Kingsolver's novel Partita and Philbrick's book The Rush. I will have to add those. I hope they're good!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I didn't know that Audrey Niffenegger and Barbara Kingsolver had fall releases! I gave up requesting review copies, but I put in my retirement letter for mid-November, so maybe more time for reading and blogging in a couple of months! Exit Party is on my list, too, but only as #11 because my hold probably won't come in from the library for months!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That last one, I’d want to read it and then go to all those places.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the cover of The Butterfly Season! Hope you enjoy all on your fall TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks like a great lineup. I hope you enjoy all these!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great list of books, Deb. I hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  29. A great reading list Deb, I’ve no doubt you’ll read them all,, thanks for sharing your #TTT

    ReplyDelete
  30. I hope they are good when you get to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have absolutely no doubt you'll do it all!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts.