Saturday, September 12, 2026

The Sunday Salon: ♫ ♪ Chicago! Chicago! ♫ ♪




Wel are happy that you are here at the 
Sunday Salon. Welcome!

What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week. It's also a great opportunity to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 

I encourage you to join in by adding your link below and then visiting other bloggers and leaving comments on their posts. 






We are in Chicago, visiting our son, Ben,
and his wife, Lisa.








What I Read Last Week:

The Art Thief: A True Story of Love, Crime, and a Dangerous Obsession by Michael Finkel 
(Nonfiction)
The Snow Goose by Paul Gallico (Fiction)




What I'm Reading Now:

Last Summer on State Street by Toya Wolfe (Fiction)

Passing by Nella Larson (Fiction)

Sister Carrie by Theodore Dreiser (Fiction)






What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:





SHORTY SEPTEMBER 6 / 12

Hometown Shorts (Local Author/Setting)
  • Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan (64 pages)

Hairy Shorts (Animal Character)

  • Wesley the Owl (244 pages)

Cargo Shorts (Helpful in a Pickle)

  • *Jingo Django (184 pages)

Crochet Shorts (Independent Publisher)
  • Little Bird (96 pages)

Elton John’s Wedding Shorts (Something Outrageous)

  • Trash! A Garbageman’s Story by Simon Paré-Poupart (192 pages)

Patchwork Shorts (Blend of Genres)

  • The Art Thief: A True Story of Love, Crime, and a Dangerous Obsession by Michael Finkel (242 pages)





I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:


Good Thing #1:

A friend and I went to the 
after we were told there were lots of birds visiting.
There were!
We loved seeing this Wood Stork.



Good Thing #2:

This Yellow-crowned Night Heron
seemed to be enjoying the water.



Good Thing #3:

A new-to-me butterfly at the refuge:
White Peacock.




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below. 

24 comments:

  1. How did you like The Art Thief? Have fun in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, nice bird photos!

    Hope you have a good time in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are having a great time with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That heron is so cute. I didn't read much this week, I spent too much time on my laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are having wonderful visit with family Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed The Art Thief even though it was maddening. Enjoy your trip to Chicago! Beautiful good things this week. I love the wood stork and the heron. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh nice! A second chance to see Chicago! But no freezing to death this time. I see you have read half the Shorty September categories already! I need to really lock in as we're almost halfway through the month! How cute is that Yellow-crowned Night Heron????

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love The snow goose. Read it many years ago; and the movie with Richard Harris was so sad too!
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing your nature photos each week. It's calming. I hope you're having a wonderful time in Chicago; it's such a fun city.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have the most wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love seeing Wood Storks. Wonderful birds! Enjoy Chicago and your family there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The trip to the refuge looks like fun. We took in some wildlife last week too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Sunday! Reading and bird watching sounds like a great way to spend a week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never seen a Yellow-crowned Night Heron before. What an interesting-looking bird. The butterfly is pretty. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you have a great time in Chicago! The visit to the wildlife refuge looks like fun. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the wildlife pictures! Enjoy your family visit and the great city of Chicago :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the bird pictures! Hope you have a good time in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I liked The Art Thief and plan to read Stranger in the Woods by this author/journalist. Great bird photos! You could make a book of these photos with Shutterfly!
    Have fun in Chicago. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoy your time in Chicago. Such a stunning skyline!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you are having a wonderful time in Chicago.
    You are doing very well with your Shorty September. I remember reading Sarah, Plain and Tall at school.
    Thanks for sharing your week, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, so you can this time enjoy gorgeus weather in Chicago. And yesterday was Printer's Row, I hope you went. We love going. We thought we were going to be on vacation, so not available. But we are home, and still couldn't go, as my husband's health is not at its best

    ReplyDelete
  22. Enjoy your visit to Chicago! I love the photos from your visit to the wildlife refuge. My husband and I plan to take up birding when he retires and after we move. His retirement date is in a few months, assuming everything goes as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I loved Passing and Sister Carrie. Have fun in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How amazing to see a Wood Stork and Yellow-Crowned Night Heron! The White Peacock butterfly is so neat, too! I saw a Roadrunner while at my daughter's house in Texas last week! Hope you enjoy your time in Chicago! You might see some fall foliage.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts.