Saturday, August 22, 2026

The Sunday Salon: The Joy of Blue Polka-Dotted Piggy Squeak Toys

 




Welcome! I am delighted that you joined us here at the 
Sunday Salon

What is the Sunday Salon? 

The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week. It's also a great opportunity to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 








What I Read Last Week:

Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir



What I'm Reading Now:

I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:


Good Thing #1:

We went to see The Odyssey. 



Good Thing #2:

A Mississippi Kite in our backyard.



Good Thing #3:

I accidentally bought 
two blue polka-dotted piggy
squeak toys for dogs,
and my husband is finding it quite amusing to
make the pigs grunt.




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.

28 comments:

  1. I have The Day of the Triffids on Classics List. I hope you enjoyed Project Hail Mary as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Mississippi Kite in your yard is about as good as it gets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw a Mississippi Kite in Palo Duro Canyon< Texas. A big effort! You are lucky to have them show up.
    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you share your three good things each week. I take it that the Mississippi Kite is rare in your area? Have a great week Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing Kites whirling and banking in the sky. We have seen them at our old place but now I see more in town. You'd think the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love your 'three good things', Deb. Cute little pigs! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the cover of Still Meadow Daybrook. If you bought a book by its cover (and I sometimes do), I'd get that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, sounds like your husband is getting a lot of joy out of the squeaky toys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There IS something about the pigs squealing that is amusing! It sounds like a lighter week for you as well. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read "Stillmeadow Sampler" long ago. I guess it was not long after it first came out. It had quite a profound effect on me and helped shape how I think about the environment and the world in general. I hope you enjoy it. The Mississippi Kites are passing through now. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for them but so far haven't seen one. Congratulations on yours. I'm hoping to see "The Odyssey" - perhaps this week. Since you include it in your "good things," I assume you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Deb, I love to hear pigs squealing! It is so cute! I appreciate that you share 3 good things in your posts, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love those dog toys! I haven't seen The Odyssey yet but it's on my To Watch list. My son and I read the Mary Pope Osbourne version of it (Tales from The Odyssey) and he was hooked. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You’ve stayed busy. We have a pair of Mississippi Kites in the neighbor’s tree, they are amazing to watch. While I am wondering how you bought the pigs by accident, I don’t blame your husband for taking advantage of their purchase and enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've actually seen The Odyssey and Project Hail Mary (not read though); what'd you think of the adaptations?

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Odyssey looks good. I still have to read Project Hail Mary. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cool looking bird! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The squeaky toys look fun. There will be plenty of those later today at the birthday party of the three year old.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Did you enjoy the movie? I am on the fence about seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the idea of sharing three good things. My three from this week are that my son got his learner's permit, I read some wonderful books, and I made some suncatchers.

    Great post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Mississippi kites, with their alien-look faces. We don't have them in northern Illinois, but they are in southern Illinois. If all goes well, I'll see them in a couple of weeks. They always perch in the same tree.
    Looking forward to your thoughts on Project Hail Mary, and The Day of the Triffids

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Stillmeadow Daybook! Of the books I have by her this year, that has been my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Mississippi Kite is a very arresting bird - what a fabulous pic:). And I'm intrigued to know what you made of The Day of the Triffids - I happened to reread it about five years ago and was impressed at just how well it stood the test of time. I very much want to see The Odyssey at the cinema - I'll see if I can persuade Himself to come with me:)).

    ReplyDelete
  23. How could I not read a post with a title like that? LOL I also look forward to your bird pictures - thanks for sharing. And I NEED to figure out where to put my camera/feeder in my yard again to watch the birds all day from work. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh, the pig squeaky toys - I bought an identical red and green one last Christmas for our grandpup. I was squeaking it and laughing so hard in the store, I thought they were going to ask me to leave!! It still cracks me up every time I hear it and Winnie loves it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That Mississippi Kite is so majestic looking! I wanted to go see The Odyssey. Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've got the Day of the Triffids in my pile to be read. I don't think I've read it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE that picture of the kite! And I really need to get onto reading Project Hail Mary.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts.