Saturday, September 26, 2026

The Sunday Salon: Waco-Bound

 




Welcome! We are happy you joined us here at the 
Sunday Salon. 

What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week. It's also a great opportunity to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 

Please add your link below, visit other bloggers, and comment on their posts. 






We are in Waco this weekend, spending time with my sister, Cathy, and her husband. This photo is from the last time we visited when we rode Cathy's e-bikes all around town.








What I Read Last Week:

In a Summer Season by Elizabeth Taylor (Novel)



   Miss Pym Disposes - Kindle edition by Tey, Josephine. Mystery, Thriller &  Suspense Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.  Train Dreams: A Novella: Johnson, Denis: 9780374281144: Amazon.com: Books  Paperback One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich Book

What I'm Reading Now:

Miss Pym Disposes by Josephine They (Mystery)

Train Dreams by Denis Johnson (Novel)

A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Aleksandr Solhenitzen (Novel)







Yes, Nonfiction November is being planned for 2026!
Start assembling your stacks!






What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:










Shorty September   9/12


Hometown Shorts (Local Author/Setting)
Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan (64 pages)

Hairy Shorts (Animal Character)

Wesley the Owl (244 pages)


Cargo Shorts (Helpful in a Pickle)

Jingo Django (184 pages)


Denim Shorts (Modern Classic)

In a Summer Season by Elizabeth Taylor (224 pages)


Crochet Shorts (Independent Publisher)
Little Bird (96 pages)

Postal Shorts (Set in a Country You’re Likely to Have a Penpal In)

Emily of New Moon (224 pages) 


Zip-Off Shorts (Nature Writing/Outdoors)

The Snow Goose by Paul Gallico (48 pages)


Elton John’s Wedding Shorts (Something Outrageous)

Trash! A Garbageman’s Story by Simon ParĂ©-Poupart (192 pages)


Patchwork Shorts (Blend of Genres)

The Art Thief: A True Story of Love, Crime, and a Dangerous Obsession by Michael Finkel (242 pages)







I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:


Good Thing #1:

A friend and I went to a lecture
by an amateur historian and model ship builder
on Captain James Cook
at University of Texas Medical Branch's
Osher Livelong Learning Institute in Galveston.



Theatre poster for The 39 Steps at college of the mainland

Good Thing #2:

A group of us went to see a play, The 39 Steps, 
a comedic version of the classic thriller, 
in which 150 characters were played
by just four actors.



Good Thing #3:

We finally got rain!




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you will write more about the presentation on Captain James Cook — I’m a big fan of books about him!
    I think autocorrect messed up your author name (Tey).
    Have a good weekend! best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with your sister and keep on reading. I think we can safely assume both will happen!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts.