Saturday, August 17, 2013

I Collect Authors

I've met a lot of authors. I've met at least 155 authors. I don't know exactly how many authors I've met.

I collect authors. I collect authors like some people collect stamps or rocks.

Here are some authors I have collected:

Author Esme Raji Codell.
Look at that mysterious smile.


Author Christopher Paul Curtis.
So gracious.


Some authors have big happy faces. Look at happy Marilyn Singer.


And some are very silly. Silly Ethan Long!




I have lots of author photos on my Pinterest board, Authors I've Met, and at Flickr. I will publish more here another day. I have many, many favorites.


Have you met any authors? Who are your favorites? Any authors you wish you could meet but you haven't yet?


Saturday Snapshot is now hosted by West Metro Mommy ReadsTo participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky below. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.

26 comments:

  1. 155 WOW! I love going to author events, but wouldn't have been to nearly that many. I love how you know exactly. I saw 10 last weekend at a festival, including the splendid Mem Fox, I do love hearing hear talk, I didn't really meet her though. I did talk to Sarah Turnbull and was very excited about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to hear Mem Fox speak. Lucky you, Louise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to a bunch of authors speak at the National Book Festival in DC (I've been twice), and Mo Willems was one of my favorites. He was as funny as his books :D You can see the presentation I saw here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPABEuAMjEM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm watching this now, Amanda. Thank you so much for sharing this. I think I'll pin it and share it with others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I loved reading Esme's book
    about her first years teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great collection! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 155? wow! Author signed copies are a treasure(and I don't even have one :(
    I've met my fair share of film actors(indian) though :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes. I feel certain I will add more when I go to the Texas Book Festival in October.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have sadly not met any authors Debs and I envy you. My top 4 things to do before I die are to meet Neil Gaiman and Go on holiday in Isreal, Persia and along the mediterranean.
    Wendy
    ulosityreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, 155 that is quite a number. Of all of the authors that you might meet which one would you most like to?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to talk to William Steig. He's a children's book author and a personal favorite. Unfortunately, he is dead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing collection! I've never thought of that... collecting authors. I like that idea. I'm sure when listening and talking to them you learn a lot too. Thanks for sharing this meaningful passion with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are very lucky to have the opportunity to meet them all. My snapshot is at http://goo.gl/SU0f6C

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun collection and you don't need to dust them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such great photos and happy smiles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun photos! I've met a few authors (not as many as you!) but am usually too shy to ask to take their pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really appreciate that you find authors so interesting! :) Danica

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea! I should start that on the rare occasion that I meet an author!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! I should do a post like this ;) I loved meeting Harlen Coben, funny. And Beth Hoffman, so warm and sweet to blogger friends. Now that I think about your post I want to know the rest of the authors you've met! This should be a regular feature.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.