Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Book Blessings






There are hundreds of things that make my reading life a happy life these days. 

♬ ♪ ♫  Here are a few of my favorite things....

Seeing what other book bloggers are reading...Keeping a wish list at Amazon...Requesting books online at the three public libraries for which I have cards...Giving away books on World Book Night...Having my public library reopen after being closed for a year...My Little Library where I share books with others right in front of my house...Getting ARCs and new books in the mail from authors and publishers...Being able to download and read ebooks anywhere...Serving as a judge for the last five years on the Cybils, the children's book blogger awards...Visiting bookstores and libraries wherever I go when I travel...Searching for any book with World Cat...Finding used copies of any book I want online...Audiobooks...LibraryThing and Goodreads and Yahoo bookclubs and Bookcrossing and everything bookish at Pinterest...Being a school librarian...My reading room...Meeting and talking with authors...The Texas Book Festival...Having a small bookstore in my town...Being part of a face-to-face bookclub...Always keeping a nice stack of twenty or thirty books in my TBR...Learning how to Twitter about books...And, of course, good books...I could go on and on...

But, best of all, getting to talk books with all of you, my friends....Thank you!




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

14 comments:

  1. Where you dancing around the house while typing this?
    I love checking in on what other people read that is indeed one of the great things about book sites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was reading this.. "these are a few of my favorite things" was playing in my head..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I wonder, Rashika, if I could put this to song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful list! So many disparate activities that you are fully active in. How wonderful to have a library reopen- I don't know that I've ever heard of that before. And really 20-30 books in your TBR? I have hundreds cluttering up the house...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so glad you didn't limit yourself to 10! This is a great list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, love the way you set up your list this week ;) Getting ARCs and other new books in the post always makes my day :D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Louise. Yes, I cleaned out my TBR a few years ago and gave away six bookshelves of books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you call this your book blessings! I'm also impressed that you have a library card at three different libraries. Livin' the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, man! That should be my motto: Livin' the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just a few of your favorite things, huh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.