Monday, August 26, 2013

It's Monday!



What I Read Last Week 




Mastering the Art of Soviet Cooking

by Anya Von Bremzen 

Review coming soon!








Thursday's Child
by Sonya Hartnett


Review coming soon! 









What Came in the Mail Last Week 




Keeper of the Lost Cities: Exile

by Shannon Messenger
From Amazon:  "Sophie is settling in nicely to her new home and her new life in the world of the lost cities. And it helps that living at Havenfield means getting to spend time with rare, precious species—including the first female Alicorn, who shows herself to Sophie and trusts no one but her. Sophie is tasked with helping to train the magical creature so that the Alicorn can be revealed to the people of the lost cities as a sign of hope, and Sophie wants to believe that the recent drama and anguish is gone for good."







What I'm Reading Now





Sure Signs of Crazy
by Karen Harrington

From Amazon:  "You've never met anyone exactly like twelve-year-old Sarah Nelson. While most of her friends obsess over Harry Potter, she spends her time writing letters to Atticus Finch. She collects trouble words in her diary. Her best friend is a plant. And she's never known her mother, who left when Sarah was two."





How Far Do You Love Me?
by Lulu Delacre

From Amazon:  "Based on a bedtime game author/illustrator Lulu Delacre played with her young daughters, How Far Do You Love Me? is an "I love you" book with a twist. With every expression of love, readers visit one of thirteen different locations around the world, each a beautifully illustrated scene of adults and children in a place of natural beauty. "





Crankenstein
by Samantha Berger

From Amazon:  "Who is Crankenstein?

HE IS A MONSTER OF GRUMPINESS THAT NO ONE CAN DESTROY! MEHHRRRR!!! HE'S ALIVE!"





What are you reading this week?




It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from! I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! As part of this weekly meme Book Journey loves to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. 

26 comments:

  1. OOh nice! All new to me! Hope you enjoyed and enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha - Crankenstein. love that title. Sure signs of Crazy sounds good, also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both Crankenstein and How Far do you Love me seem like good books :)

    Have a great week!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crankenstein - hahahaha sounds & looks like a fun read :) I'll have to check it out!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selection! I loved Sure Signs of Crazy. Come see my Monday Report if you get a chance. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New to me as well. Enjoy them all and have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still reading Sea Creatures by Susanna Daniel. I think I'm finally sucked in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to read Sure Signs of Crazy. Enjoy your week! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue Signs of Crazy appeal to me! Have a great week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! far more than what I've read but I'm trying to read more since slacking off for months lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read the link for Thursday's Child, a rather unique premise to that story. Some new titles there for me to ponder. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cover of Crankenstein looks cute! This week's I'm reading Julia Child Rules by Karbo, Ungifted, and maybe a few other books. Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, I really appreciate it :) And I've found so many wonderful books on your blog, some of them are allready on my reading list! All the best from Anette in Norway :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Soviet cooking book looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am looking forward to your review of Thursdays Child. Enjoy your books.
    What I'm Reading...

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cover of Crankenstein made me laugh.
    Curious about your review on Thursday's Child.

    Enjou your week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've seen Sure Signs of Crazy in a few places this week. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will let you know if I figure out how to line up my books. :)

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  19. There are some things that are just mysterious to me. Total mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooo Thursday's Child looks really good and scary! I will have to pop back for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there. How far do you love me caught my eye. Looks like something I'd definitely enjoy. Thanks for sharing all these titles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mastering the Art of Soviet Cooking sounds fantastic! Definitely will keep a lookout for your review ;)

    - Lianne @ caffeinatedlife.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have been meaning to read something by Sonya Harnett.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  24. The book about Soviet cooking sounds like a book I would find interesting!

    have a great reading week & kind regards,

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.