Monday, February 24, 2014

It's Monday!


                 
 

What Arrived Last Week
Unexpectedly arrived this week.
Paparazza, eh?


               


What I Finished Last Week

Finished and reviewed. In a nutshell:
"I liked it at first. In the middle, a little less.
By the end, I was annoyed and bewildered."
In one word: Disappointed.






 
What I'm Reading Now


I'm still reading along in Orfeo,
and I'll tell you right now that Orfeo
better not disappoint me like The Crane Wife.
Do you hear that, Richard Powers? I mean it.

The Burgess Boys. Reading frantically,
in hopes of finishing it before tonight's
Inprint guest author, Elizabeth Strout,
comes to Houston.










What are you reading today?!




It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from! I love being a part of this and I hope you do too!.As part of this weekly meme Book Journey loves to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. 

12 comments:

  1. Oh no. You didn't like The Crane Wife! I haven't read it, but have high hopes for loving everything Patrick Ness has written- based on my vast experience of one read….

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope Orfeo keeps up as that one looks so promising.
    Curious what you will think of the Elizabeth Strout book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise, I'm just one little voice. It is probably just me. I'm so disappointed that I was disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading the Strout book fast and that is never good; I normally read too fast and miss things so who can guess what I'll miss reading like a race car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also tend to read fast (most times) -- I blame it on jr hi French teacher who taught us speed reading -- a vivid memory of that (side question - it was Ms. Howell -- did u happen to have her?). Anyway - nothing holding my bookmark right now - contemplating what to pick up next off the giant stack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shooting Stars looks like a very good one. An inside view of Hollywood!
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too bad The Crane Wife was so disappointing. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess it's a good job I passed up on buying The Crane Wife just the other day then. It's never good when a book turns your opinion in the end.
    Happy Reading!
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't say that I have heard of any of those books, but I hope you enjoy your reads. :)

    Stormi
    http://www.booksmoviesreviewsohmy.com/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-73/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read The Burgess Boys! That's too bad about the Patrick Ness book. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Orfeo is in my TBR pile and I have heard good things about it. Hope it meets your expectations.

    My weekly recap: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/02/weekly-book-recap-55.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of these books but I hope you have a good week of reading! Thanks for stopping by :)

    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.