Sunday, August 3, 2014

What a Week!




What I Read (and Reviewed) Last Week





What a week of great reading! The Roads to Sata...The Accidental Connoisseur...
Life is a Wheel...Landline...All the Light We Cannot See...
Fabulous!
           






What Arrived in the Mail Last Week
It was a bonanza week in my mailbox here at Readerbuzz!



Children's books: Stanley's Garage, 
The Pandas and Their Chopsticks, and Frank!


Fiction: Never Mind Miss Fox


 Nonfiction: Riveted and Seven Letters from Paris



And look what else came in the mail:



Wow! Thank you, Tamara from Thyme for Tea, for this very cool prize
from Paris in July!

I am book-ed up for my last days of summer vacation!
           









What I'm Reading Now



War Horse for my 1001 Children's Books group.
What a surprise to find my copy is autographed by the author!


           








What a great week! What are you reading today?!


What is the Sunday SalonImagine some university library's vast reading room. It's filled with people--students and faculty and strangers who've wandered in. They're seated at great oaken desks, books piled all around them,and they're all feverishly reading and jotting notes in their leather-bound journals as they go. Later they'll mill around the open dictionaries and compare their thoughts on the afternoon's literary intake....That's what happens at the Sunday Salon, except it's all virtual. Every Sunday the bloggers participating in that week's Salon get together--at their separate desks, in their own particular time zones--and read. And blog about their reading. And comment on one another's blogs. Think of it as an informal, weekly, mini read-a-thon, an excuse to put aside one's earthly responsibilities and fall into a good book. Click here to join the Salon.

The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share news and recap the past week.

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at The Printed Page. We share books that we found in our mailboxes last week. 
 It is now being hosted here.

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews in which you can share the books you've acquired.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from! I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! As part of this weekly meme Book Journey loves to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. 

44 comments:

  1. I am interested in every single book you read this week! Thanks so much for adding to my pile :)

    Seven Letters from Paris intrigues me... and the Parisian prize looks like such fun.

    What a great week indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did have a great week! That Riveted book looks riveting! ;) I'm definitely going to have to look that one up. Sounds right up my alley.

    That prize is awesome! Grats!

    I hope this week is just as great as the last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll use the Paris stamp for Seven Letters from Paris first.

      Delete
  3. I am taking note of all your marvelous books. I have Stanley's Garage but am eyeing all the others!
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope everyone picks up these books I read last week. How often do you read five excellent books in a row?!

      Delete
  4. Hmmm. So you liked Landline? I know some other bloggers who didn't...I'll probably wait as I just read her other two: Fangirl and Eleanor and Park and I really liked. But maybe I'll read it...some day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have liked everything she has written, though some (Eleanor & Park, Attachments) more than others (Fangirl, Landline).

      Delete
  5. I really liked Landline...and that reminds me that I have Fangirl waiting. Thanks for visiting my blog, and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does look like a great week for books! We saw the movie War Horse and it's on the list of possible shows to see in London. I like that it has the World War I theme. I've been realizing as I plan our itinerary that the English are much more focused on the 100th anniversary of World War I than we are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read several great WWI books this summer. I heartily recommend a small children's book about WWI and England called The Dolphin Crossing.

      Delete
  7. Great week for you. I am interested in reading most of your pile! Riveted looks fascinating and War Horse was too sad a movie for me to watch, but perhaps the book would be better for me. Oh and I need to get myself a Rainbow Rowell and find out what makes her such a popular author this year. Thanks for a good post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd start with Eleanor & Park. It's my personal favorite Rowell.

      Delete
  8. What a week indeed! I'm so jealous of your reading through put. I just noticed your 1001 counter hidden over on the side tonight- 540/1001! That's a sterling effort. How nice to have an autographed copy of War Horse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't know how I managed to obtain an autographed copy here in the US!

      Delete
  9. That is a great week! Landline is all over the place lately. Hope that this week is just as great for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic haul and you read some great books. I am curious about Never Mind Mrs. Fox. Hope your week is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I finish War Horse, I will jump right into those review books.

      Delete
  11. Great books this week! I'm wanting to read Landline and Seven Letters from Paris looks really interesting. The cover is beautiful. Never Mind Mrs. Fox looks intriguing. How wonderful to find out you have an autographed copy! What a fun surprise. Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't remember where I got this copy of War Horse. Wish I could thank the person who gave it to me.

      Delete
  12. What a great week! Hope this is another great one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. I was amazed when I received it. And Tamara from Thyme for Tea sent it all the way from Australia.

      Delete
  14. I'm curious about Landline, having read one of her other books, and The Accidental Connoisseur looks interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Landline is definitely a Rowell book, with all of her strengths as an author.

      Delete
  15. I must read All the Light We Cannot See! You've got even more great books lined up, too. Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great assortment of books. What did you think of Landline? I have been trying to decide it I want to add it to my TBR mountain. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great list. I need to see about these letters from Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Frank looks adorable. I'll have to look for it to see if its something my granddaughter might enjoy. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You had a great week! I need to get going on Landline!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cool that you have an autographed copy of War Horse! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some great looking Kid Books! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi,

    Thank you for stopping by Fiction Books this week, I love 'meeting' new people and your visits and comments will always be valued and appreciated.

    Congratulations on the win! No matter how often it happens, it always has the power to send that little buzz of adrenaline around the body, doesn't it?

    You have a fantastic diversity of books on offer this time, which suits my eclectic reading tastes perfectly, although the one which really stands out for me is 'All The Light We Cannot See'.

    Have a good week,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great mailbox this week. Most of those are new to me. Lovely covers. Enjoy!

    2 Kids and Tired Books MM

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really liked War Horse. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like some good reads; I'll keep an eye out for your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great week for you. Landline looks so good. You are amazing how many books you can read in a week.

    Going to check out your reviews.

    Oooooo...I love the cover and the title of Never Mind Miss Fox. Seven Letters From Paris looks quite good as well.

    ENJOY the rest of this week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  27. How lovely to discover your book is autographed! I won a book for David a while back and was similarly excited to find it was autographed. Now we will have to see if a six year old boy can treat it carefully!

    I hope that this week is just as wonderful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great week! The new children's books look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Seven Letters From Paris caught my eye, and I'm looking forward to your thoughts on War Horse. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The children's books look fun! Otherwise, I'm most interested in Landline. My husband and I will buy it next week when Rainbow Rowell signs books in our town. :-) We both enjoyed her earlier romance, Eleanor and Park.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.