Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Books I Really Want To Read But Don't Own Yet

Books I Really Want To Read But Don't Own...Yet

Sometimes I stumble across a book that I love. What do I want to do then? Read more by the same author.

Unfortunately, some books are not widely available. Wouldn't it be lovely if you could use a 3D printer to instantly print any book you wanted to read? Or what about a plain old magic wand?

Here are some I really want to read but that I don't own yet:

Paris Dreambook by Lawrence Osborne

Looking for the Lost: 
Journeys Through a Vanishing Japan
by Alan Booth

The Man in the Empty Boat
by Mark Salzman

My Favorite Things
by Maira Kalman

By the Book:
Writers on Literature and the Literary Life
by Pamela Paul

True Stories, Well Told:
From the First 20 Years of Creative Nonfiction Magazine

Small Victories:
Spotting Improbable Moments of Grace
by Anne Lamott


Bilgewater
by Jane Gardam

The Desert Fathers:
Sayings of the Early Christian Monks

The Public Library:
A Photographic Essay


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

20 comments:

  1. Nice! Those are all new to me! Hope you get them soon!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have heard of any of these titles. Looking for the Lost sounds interesting; Japan is an intriguing topic! And, after reading about it on Goodreads, I have added it to my to-read list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, I definitely want to read SMALL VICTORIES by Anne Lamott; I have enjoyed all of her books, and I feel sure this one will hit the spot, as well. Great list, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you do it, but pretty much every week all your book lists are new to me! They look intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all look very appealing! I bet The Public Library book is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely list! I've been meaning to check out Kalman... maybe I'll add that book to my TBR pile, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. None are known to me yet, but the public library book looks like something to leaf through and savor, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every single one of these is new to me, going to have to go stalk GRs now!

    R x

    My TTT: http://confessionsofabookgeek.wordpress.com/2014/08/26/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-cant-wait-to-read-but-dont-own-yet/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover of "True Stories Well Told" hope you get your hands on these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some very interesting titles in your list today, I especially like the last. Thanks for stopping by. https://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/2014/08/25/musing-mondays-aug-25/#comment-78161

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to admit, I have not heard of any books on your list. I hope you get a chance to get these soon! And YES!! It would be awesome to have a 3D printer to print books so we can read them instantly. However, if I had my pick...I'd choose the wand, then I could go to HOGWARTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, hopped on here from your comment on my blog. :)

    I'm interested about True Stories, Well Told. I'll be taking note of this the next time I visit a bookstore. (Is it available on Amazon?) Also, I have heard good things from Anne Lamott but I have yet to read her books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of any of these, but they sound wonderful! I hope you enjoy all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not familiar with any of these titles, but some of them definitely look and sound promising! Hope you get to read them soon! :) Thanks for visiting my blog this week; looking forward to next week's Top 10 Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard of any of these books but this meme is fun to discover new ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great books! I know what you mean about hard to find books. There's several I want to read but am not sure I'll ever find. I love the Public Library book! That'd be so fun to look through. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't think I've heard of any of the books on your list. I do love the cover of The Man in the Empty boat though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Sayings of the Desert Fathers are amazing. And we think we understand the human psychology! These guys from the very first centuries of the Church knew all about it.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.