Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Authors I Read for the First Time in 2015



Some are famous. Some are not-so.



Brian Jacques




Ann Weisgarber





Anthony Horowitz (not to be confused with Tony Horwitz)








Joan Aiken





Thomas Hardy





Walt Morey





Tim Parks





Charles Portis



Jon M. Sweeney





William Faulkner



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

12 comments:

  1. Oh nice! Those are all new to me authors as well!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read some of these! It always amazes me how many classics I'm still missing, like Faulkner. There's so much out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian Jacques! I read one of his books years and years ago because he was my brother's favourite author. I've only read one of Tim Parks' travelogues but thought he really captured Italy quite succinctly :) Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list and beautiful covers! I've read Faulkner in high school and we didn't get along. I'm thinking I should retry him as an adult. I think my opinion would be quite different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. Several on there I haven't read as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great list! Thomas Hardy is one of my favourites. I´m a member of his society and have travelled in his footsteps in Wessex. Nice covers too! And I just love your header!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Other than William Faulkner, I can't say as I recall reading any of the other authors on your Top Ten Tuesday post this week, so I have some new to me authors to check out for sure.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-new-to-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all new to me. I mean I know Faulkner but haven't read anything by him yet. I am intrigued by the cover of the Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I've read any of these authors, though I've heard of William Faulkner. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any of these authors though several of them are on my "list." Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.