Monday, May 19, 2014

What Are You Reading?!






                 



We just got in from a long weekend in Chicago. My younger son, Ben, has graduated from college. Woo hoo! He gets married in July and I will, at long last, take off that mom apron.

I did a little reading on the plane, up and back. I finished my reread of Orphan Train for the Tuesday night book group. I finished W is for Wasted, the latest in the ABC mysteries. And I read A Nice Little Place on the North Side: Wrigley Field at 100 and learned more about the Cubbies that I ever knew existed. Three very good reads!

I started Creative Habit and Storied Life of A. J. Fikrey and Path With Heart and Studs Terkel's Chicago. I'm going to set aside Chicago until I head up there in July but I'm going full force into the other three.

So that's my reading week. How about you? Are you reading anything good? Any recommendations? Hope you'll share your reading week with me, too.
               








It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between.  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from. I love being a part of this and I hope you do too. As part of this weekly meme Book Journey loves to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. 

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations with graduation of your son!
    Orphan Train has been around a lot. It looks good. I am currently reading The Accident by Chris Pavone and just started hope it will keep up the promising tone it has now. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow exciting stuff going on and proud mum moments ... congrats on your son's graduation. I loved Orphan Train. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you got a lot of reading done despite the travel. Congrats to your son! Check out my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your son!

    Planes are great places to get some reading done. I'm glad that worked out for you and I can't wait to see what you think of the Twyla Tharp book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...great plane ride.

    I hope you enjoyed The Orphan Train.

    CONGRATS to your son on his graduation and his upcoming marriage.


    Have a great reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  7. An exciting year for your family! Congrats. I loved Orphan Train. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your son's graduation!!!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my post earlier. I hope you have a good reading week!

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your son's graduation and his approaching wedding. Sounds like you got a lot read this week.

    Thanks for dropping by the Lair

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.