- How would you assess your reading overall? I had a delightful time.
- Did you have a stategy, and if so, did you stick to it? I focused on reading and watching birds.
- What was your favorite snack? It was the first time I had chocolate in a year. What a treat.
- Wanna volunteer for our next event? Stay tuned for the recap post!
1. What are you reading right now? Lost Among the Birds
2. How many books have you read so far? 4
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I hope to finish the one I'm reading.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? It's been a bit tricky trying to read and keep up with birds.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? There is such a thing as eating too much chocolate.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I'm here, looking out at my bird feeders, in Alvin, Texas.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Bird books.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Ice cream! It's been over a year.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Retired librarian. Recently acquired fascination for birds.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do differently today? Blogging. Books. Birds.
I know how to prepare.
Mmmm that's my favourite Ben & Jerry's! I didn't think to get ice cream for readathon, though it's still a bit cold here.ReplyDelete
I haven't joined the read-a-thon in ages. I was always too busy with my daughter's activities and now I am too distracted and also, it's impossible for me to be sitting idle for long with my husband in the other room. He gets so bored, so quickly. In the past, I was also horrible at spending too much time online telling me what I was doing that I would hardly read anything.ReplyDelete
I hope you enjoy it and that you make some good progress with that stack!I like the snacks you have too. I am usually a savory girl but sweet sounds good at the moment.
I did this one or two times but not in over 10 years. I took it literally 24-hours and it was too much. I hope you have a fun time.ReplyDelete
I completely missed signing up for the readathon. Definitely would certainly like to do this. It's been a crazy couple of weeks and now I just need some downtime, if I can get it. Thanks for the reminder!ReplyDelete
I've never done a readathon before. One day I hope to get around to it. Good luck with your reading. Sounds like fun.ReplyDelete
I am also hoping to read a bunch for the readathon, but am not officially signing up in case life gets in the way. I hope you have a wonderful day of books and tasty snacks.ReplyDelete
This will be my first time and I am going to do some prepping right now. We have a huge time difference, but I've decided to use the Instagram prompts and the Bingo game as guidelines and see where it gets me!ReplyDelete
Will check in with you.
I love doing the Bingo game.Delete
Ten minutes and counting--READY TO ROLL! 4/24/21ReplyDelete
Here we go!Delete
I'm in...although I revised my original stack to be more realistic than where I started. Started...ReplyDelete
Me, too. I started with a picture book. To get me going.Delete
Checking in. Looks like going well for you, with the bird watching too.Delete
Yay for Readathon!!! One of the best days of the year.ReplyDelete
I love your sudden fascination with birds! I was not a fan of birds at all until I moved to Arkansas and discovered there are more than pigeons and crows in the world! I love all the feathered friends who come to the bird feeder but Woody the Woodpecker is still the most exciting for me.
Happy reading and bird watching!
I bet you do see a lot of great birds in Arkansas. We certainly do here, too.Delete
Love your birds seen section! So different to the birds I'm used to.ReplyDelete
Birds Seen is new for me this readathon.Delete
I'm in but I will be in and out a bit today, so my reading plans are flexible and ready to go whenever I can fit it in :-)ReplyDelete
Good luck with your plans Deb.
Glad you are joining in, Bron.Delete
I'm impressed that you were able to almost fill in the Bingo card - great work with that! Glad you had lots of fun reading and watching birds.ReplyDelete