What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week. It's also a great opportunity to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there.
After a busy week and a brush with a tropical storm in the Gulf, we drove to Dallas this weekend to celebrate our great-granddaughter Lucy's fourth birthday. I'm almost finished with my Paris in July reading, and I finally tried making sourdough bread from Poilâne: The Secrets of the World-Famous Bread Bakery.
What I Read Last Week:
The Shortest History of France by Colin Jones (History - Paris in July)
Toujours la France! by Janine Marsh (Memoir - Paris in July)
Quartet by Jean Rhys (Fiction - Paris in July)
Moveable Feasts: A Story of Paris in Twenty Meals by Chris Newens (Nonfiction - Paris in July)
En Route: A Journey Through France in the Company of Great Writers by Peter Fiennes (Nonfiction - Paris in July)
What I'm Reading Now:
The Earth by Émile Zola (Fiction - Paris in July)
Candide, or Optimism by Voltaire (Fiction in French - Paris in July)
Poilâne: The Secrets of the World-Famous Bread Bakery
What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:

I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:
Good Thing #1:
More fun with alligators and turtles and snakes.
Good Thing #2:
Our book club celebrated fifteen years talking books this week.
Good Thing #3:
How happy I feel!
Jackie of Junk Boat Travels
sent me this Toronto Public Library
library card for my collection.
Thank you so much
for your thoughtfulness, Jackie!
I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.
















Great list of books, Deb. And I love ❤️ turtles 🐢
ReplyDeleteGood job on finishing up your July in Paris reading! So fun to introduce children to different animals. Happy Birthday to Lucy!
ReplyDeleteI am impressed that you are reading Zola and Voltaire, Deb.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Lucy! I love seeing how children react to animals. Have a wonderful weekend Deb.
ReplyDeleteIt was a pleasure, I'm glad it made it!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good week and glad that tropical thing kind of fizzled out. Hope this next week is fun! Happy birthday to Lucy and well done with 15 years of book group!
ReplyDeleteYou keep reminding me of French authors that I should read more of, epecially zola!
ReplyDeleteHave a good weekend…mae at mefood.blogspot.com