Sunday, October 25, 2009

TSS: Readathon: Hour 24: Final Hour Wrapup


1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
The one just before I caved and went to sleep.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Children's nonfiction picture books worked great for me this year.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I should be awarded more prizes. Like at least one.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Everything.

5. How many books did you read?
26. Hey, that's pretty good, right?

6. What were the names of the books you read?
Okay, here goes:
Jackson and Bud's Bumpy Ride
Eleanor, Quiet No More
Creature ABC
Bring Me Some Apples and I'll Make You a Pie
Camping With the President
Secret World of Walter Anderson
If America Were a Village
Unite or Die
Pony Island
Winter's Tail
What Can You Do With an Old Red Shoe
Sky High
Faith
Redwoods
Wrestling the ABCs
Mermaid Queen
One Beetle Too Many
Day-Glo Brothers
Pippo the Fool
Shining Star
Keep On!
Pharoah's Boat
What Darwin Saw
Bubble Homes and Fish Farts
Nic Bishop: Butterflies and Moths
Life-Size Zoo

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Hmmm...maybe, Jackson and Bud's Bumpy Ride?

8. Which did you enjoy least?
I liked them all!

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I wasn't, but I'd like to try it one readathon. Thank you, cheerleaders! Thank you, Diane! Thank you, Louise! Thank you, softdrink!

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
It's almost assured I will participate next time. I loved it. And I will probably be a reader again.

A final readathon challenge...A desperately competitive nature drives me to want more followers....I'm extending this challenge to the end of the month to anyone who becomes a follower....

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on reading all those books! :) LOL @ your improvement suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great. My children's books didn't arrive in time for the read-a-thon. Maybe they will next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, you're very welcome. Congratulations on a very successful readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations - what a great wrap-up. I loved your improvement suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. my. gosh. I got ten books read this weekend. Wrote a couple of posts for this week. And thought I was doing great. Until I looked at your blog tonight. Wow. Wow. Wow. You read. And wrote. A bunch! AMAZING! Can't wait to read some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's a stack of books -- congrats on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm drooling over the idea of that many children's books in a day. Maybe I'll do that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on such a great read-a-thon, Debbie! I'm tempted to spend an afternoon sitting in the children's department at work and pick out a stack of books to read with a big hot mocha. There are so many great books out there for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am enjoying reading your reviews. I love the conciseness of each one. Something Ihave difficulty with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we should replace all textbooks with children's picture books! All of them! All textbooks---gone! And replaced with delightful picture books.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.