Sunday, October 25, 2009

TSS: Readathon: Hour 24: Final Hour Wrapup

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
The one just before I caved and went to sleep.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Children's nonfiction picture books worked great for me this year.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I should be awarded more prizes. Like at least one.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

5. How many books did you read?
26. Hey, that's pretty good, right?

6. What were the names of the books you read?
Okay, here goes:
Jackson and Bud's Bumpy Ride
Eleanor, Quiet No More
Creature ABC
Bring Me Some Apples and I'll Make You a Pie
Camping With the President
Secret World of Walter Anderson
If America Were a Village
Unite or Die
Pony Island
Winter's Tail
What Can You Do With an Old Red Shoe
Sky High
Wrestling the ABCs
Mermaid Queen
One Beetle Too Many
Day-Glo Brothers
Pippo the Fool
Shining Star
Keep On!
Pharoah's Boat
What Darwin Saw
Bubble Homes and Fish Farts
Nic Bishop: Butterflies and Moths
Life-Size Zoo

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Hmmm...maybe, Jackson and Bud's Bumpy Ride?

8. Which did you enjoy least?
I liked them all!

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I wasn't, but I'd like to try it one readathon. Thank you, cheerleaders! Thank you, Diane! Thank you, Louise! Thank you, softdrink!

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
It's almost assured I will participate next time. I loved it. And I will probably be a reader again.

A final readathon challenge...A desperately competitive nature drives me to want more followers....I'm extending this challenge to the end of the month to anyone who becomes a follower....


  1. Congrats on reading all those books! :) LOL @ your improvement suggestion!

  2. You did great. My children's books didn't arrive in time for the read-a-thon. Maybe they will next week.

  3. Aww, you're very welcome. Congratulations on a very successful readathon!

  4. Congratulations - what a great wrap-up. I loved your improvement suggestion :)

  5. Oh. my. gosh. I got ten books read this weekend. Wrote a couple of posts for this week. And thought I was doing great. Until I looked at your blog tonight. Wow. Wow. Wow. You read. And wrote. A bunch! AMAZING! Can't wait to read some of these!

  6. I hope you have recovered by now. It was fun, but I paid for it from sleep deprivation LOL

  7. Wow, that's a stack of books -- congrats on a job well done!

  8. I'm drooling over the idea of that many children's books in a day. Maybe I'll do that next time!

  9. Congrats on such a great read-a-thon, Debbie! I'm tempted to spend an afternoon sitting in the children's department at work and pick out a stack of books to read with a big hot mocha. There are so many great books out there for kids.

  10. I am enjoying reading your reviews. I love the conciseness of each one. Something Ihave difficulty with.

  11. I think we should replace all textbooks with children's picture books! All of them! All textbooks---gone! And replaced with delightful picture books.


Comments, comments, comments! How I love comments! (And followers, too, if you want to make me even happier!)