Saturday, October 24, 2009

Readathon: Hour 18: Life-Size Zoo

Exhausted. This will be my last read, my last review. Must get some sleep. Seventeen, almost eighteen straight hours of reading. Too many Hershey's Kisses and too much coffee. Lots of entries into contests, but, as usual, nothing won. Had a great time reading and writing and visiting blogs and playing games. 'Night all.



Life-Size Zoo by Teruyuki Komiya

I like this book so much. I pushed it off on several parents seeking books for their kids. How could someone go wrong with this book?

Here are things I liked about it: An information sheet about the animals on the front endpapers. A table of contents created to be like a zoo map (oh so clever). A part of the animal presented in full life-size. Things to look for on the drawing, up close. Cool facts about the animal.

And what great choices for animals: a panda, zebra, tiger (those scary teeth), gorilla, rhino (with a horn made of hair?), anteater (what a nose!), koala (much smaller than I would have expected), and more.

13 comments:

  1. You are really doing great! Isn't the time flying by? I am starting to feel exhaustion setting in, but blog-hopping is helping. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good night! You did great! Sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep going. I want to say that I love that you are posting a book every hour. So cool!!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the readathon! Sorry you didn't win anything, but maybe next time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life-size Zoo sounds like a great picture book for kids. Thanks for the recommendation.

    Glad you've had fun with Readathon. Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good night! You did a wonderful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did great! I didn't win anything either - oh well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You read a ton today! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You really hung in there for the long haul!! Great job on the read-a-thon!!

    Cheerleader Staci

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow i'm going to have to try to come back and read your reviews when i can focus. you did a good job but more important you seemed to have fun.

    read for joy

    ps i love margaret atwood and did not know she had a new one out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like I did my own reading marathon just by reading all your reviews in one sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one looks super -- off to find it now!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.