Monday, October 18, 2010

The Texas Book Festival: A Photoblog


A beautiful weekend in Austin, Texas. The Capitol was under construction, sadly,
and there were new security measures in place.

I left a few BookCrossing books.

The line for Laura Bush was already around the block
and I was two hours early.

David Wiesner, a three-time Caldecott winner, read his new book.


For the first time, I met four real live Texas book bloggers.

Bonnie Becker read from her book, A Bedtime for Bear.

Children introduced Chicken Big author Keith Graves.


I got to meet Ladybug Girl.

Who wouldn't love to read to a dog?!


The 2010-11 Bluebonnets were announced.

Shark vs. Train author Chris Barton reads from his book.

Author/illustrator Anna Dewdney draws her Llama Llama.

Here is Anna Dewdney autographing a book for our school library.

Chris Barton autographs a book for our school library.

I ended the day by going to a used library book store.
Look at these clever sculptures made from old books.

What a fantastic weekend! 

10 comments:

  1. sounds like a total blast - I would love to be there with y'all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to meet you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Ladybug Girl! Looks like you had fun. I know it was exciting to meet some real live bloggers this weekend for me, glad you got the chance to do so in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognize a couple of those bloggers! Sounds like a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie - I didn't realize on Saturday, but I've been following your blog for months. Darn, I wish we could have talked more about your trip to Paris.

    Glad you had a great time. It was nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the pictures! It looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! To answer your question, no I've never been to the Texas book festival but I'd love to go! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie - I'm so sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you! So cool to know there are a few of us out here in Texas. Next Book Festival we'll have to plan on a dinner or something so we can all catch up a bit more :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had fun. They never have anyting like that up here in the dallas/ft worth area. I need to remember that for next year..

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.