Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Top Ten Villains and Criminals and Other Sorts of Bad Guys


10. The Big Bad Wolf in Little Red Riding Hood


9. IT in Wrinkle in Time


8. Old Age in Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont



7. Lack of Imagination in Fancy Nancy


6. Emperors Augustus, Tiberius, and Caligula in I, Claudius


5. John Ames Boughton in Gilead and Home




4. Prejudice and Injustice in Martin's Big Words



3. Bedtime in Dinosaur vs. Bedtime




2. Milady de Winter in The Three Musketeers


1. The Grinch in The Grinch Who Stole Christmas

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND sign Mister Linky at the bottom to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Don't worry if you can't come up with ten every time..just post what you can!

Future Top Ten Tuesdays:

November 16- Top Ten Villains, Criminals, Degenerates

November 23- Top Ten Books To Read During The Holidays

November 30- Top Ten Characters I Wish I Could BFF's with!

December 7- Coziest Places to Read/Favorite Places to Read

December 14- Top Ten Books I'm Anticipating For 2011.

December 21- Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings
December 28- Top Ten Books I've Read in 2010--a look back into your favorite reads of 2010!

January 4:- Top Ten Books I Resolve To Read in 2011--books you've put off reading but will vow to get to in 2010!

22 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic list there Debbie. I love that you've used Lack of Imagination, Bedtime and Old Age as a criminal/villains. Stroke of genius on your part. Great to see Milady there, and rightly so too. And I love the inclusion of the upcoming top 10 lists. It takes me forever to think of a list, which is why I don't get to do it every week. There's a few coming up that I want to participate in, not just read your responses (fantastic as those are).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love thinking on the Top 10 lists, Louise. That is the very nice thing about a blog, being able to start part of a post and letting it sit there while you mull it over a bit and then finally publishing it and even seeing it published and then revising the parts you don't like so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very true. Your thinking time and due consideration was really evident today. My blog posts generally need time to cook too, for me to ponder and tinker. Otherwise they just turn out to be rants. Like tonight. But the occasional rant is worthwhile too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son LOVES Dinosaur vs. Bedtime! Great book! I always love reading your lists as you pull from different genres, but all quite relevant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first time that I haven't seen Voldemort mentioned - I was beginning to think he was universally hated. Some great choices though I have to disagree about the wolf, he was just misunderstood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unique list. I didn't even think of the Grinch! He's the kind of villain I like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that the Grinch made your list! I put IT on mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this sounds like such a fun meme! Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your list! The big bad wolf and the Grinch total deserve to be on this list! Way to think outside the box! You can check out my top ten list here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you chose so many children's books! Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the list of upcoming Top Tens. I find that I like to work on the lists all week long.
    -Anne
    http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice list, a bit different from the others I looked at. I'll have an enjoyable time checking out some of these books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I have not read Dinosaur Vs Bedtime but I think it looks extremely cute and I love how you have chosen Bedtime as a villain! I think I'll definitely have to buy that book for my little boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list of baddies! Oh, yes, Lady de Winter is nasty and Grinch is comical, but still very nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! I thought about Mylady, too, and Grinch is a great villain.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list! I love that some of your villains are abstract concepts--wish I'd thought of that!
    I especially love "bedtime" hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your list! They're so unexpected than most of the lists I've read. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.