Monday, December 5, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?









What I Finished Reading This Week:

The Kitchen Counter Cooking School
****1/2
I grew up in the sixties
when there was a strong movement
toward moving back to natural foods.
I had a mom who was a stay-at-home mother and prepared ...more



The Language of Flowers****
It was interesting to read The Language of Flowers
so close to reading Pollyanna.
The central character of The Language of Flowers,
Victoria, like Pol...more


Pollyanna
****
Pollyanna is that joyful book character that
we never find in contemporary children’s literature.
It was so refreshing to read this old story and reve...more




Crossed
****
It was the cover that compelled me to buy and then read Matched.
Not all covers deliver, but this one did.
Of course, Matched closed with a cliffhange...more


  What I'm Reading Now:  


How to Eat a Cupcake



Mo Wren, Lost and Found


What I Plan to Read Next: 

???


What are you reading today?!



It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! D This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! As part of this weekly meme Book Journey loves to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. Book Journey offers a weekly contest for those who visit 10 or more of the Monday Meme participants and leave a comment telling me how many you visited.

18 comments:

  1. You're reading pile looks wonderful. Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mixed selection! hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Language of Flowers...hope you enjoy it, too. How to Eat a Cupcake is on my list (for my chocolate blog!). Enjoy your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How To Eat A Cupcake looks like a cute read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun variety! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you speak french? I liked the adventures of TinTin when I was young . Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard really good things about "language of Flowers" Haven't read it, but it looks REALLY good!

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I studied French, Jackie, and I was able to communicate while I visited in France.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard great things about The Kitchen Counter Cooking School. Need to pick that one up! Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great week, Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not heard of most of your books but it does look like you will have a busy week reading them all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kitchen Counter Cooking School looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Language of Flowers is on my wishlist. Finals week has kept me busy. Please come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved The Language of Flowers and The Kitchen Counter Cooking School looks like a fun read.

    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I suddenly have a craving for cupcakes! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, I loved Crossed! :D I would've been happier with more of a certain character, but other than that it was great. ;) (I'm leaving out names to avoid spoilers haha)

    You're definitely right! We're both eclectic readers! ;)

    Thanks again for stopping by and commenting on my Monday post! :D
    Ambur

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you enjoyed Crossed. I need to get myself a copy and get to reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm reading The Kitchen Counter Cooking School now. I'm really enjoying it. I'm going to look up Mo Wren. It's a great cover. Have a good week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.