Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Some of the 266 Children's Fiction Picture Books I Read This Year That I'd Recommend as Great Gifts for Children


I've already made a list of my favorite children's picture books. 
So, I decided to
tweak the list this week a little....

Here are a few of the 266 children's fiction picture books
published this year I've read
that I'd recommend as great Christmas gifts for children:



Press Here


Dinosaur Dig!


Rapunzel



The Princess and the Pig



Argus



Won Ton:  A Cat Tale Told in Haiku


The Rabbit Problem


If Rocks Could Sing:  A Discovered Alphabet


Not Inside This House!



The Astonishing Secret of Awesome Man
by Michael Chabon




For more recommendations,
take a look at The Definitive List.



Thank you for stopping by Readerbuzz!
What are some of your top childhood favorites?




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

17 comments:

  1. Ah Rapunzel was a great story. I always wished I could grow my hair long enough to stretch down to the ground out of the window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, those look cute :D Great list ;)
    Thank you for commenting on mine. <3
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent choices!
    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! This is a great list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun list! These all look like they'd make great gifts. Press Here, Won Ton, and Awesome Man all look so appealing. I loved reading picture books with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for stopping by! it looks like i am going to have to get a couple of these for my daughter! great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice list! The rock ABC one looks especially cool. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your lists. You must be an awesome librarian. Can I sit in on one of your story reading days?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pop into my library anytime. Thank you for your kind thoughts, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excepting for 'Rapunzel' I've never heard of the other books you've mentioned. They all sound like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tahnk you for the list, I can probably find these to read to "C" (he is six now). Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picture books! the Princess and the Pig looks really cute :D Great top 10!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't realize that Chabon had written a children's book. My husband loved The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, and is a huge comic book/superhero fan as well, so I'm going to look for this one for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cover on the Princess and the Pig is my favorite.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you liked WON TON. A companion book will be published March 17, 2015! WON TON AND CHOPSTICK - A CAT AND DOG TALE TOLD IN HAIKU continues Won Ton cat's adventures with Boy. In this story, Won Ton's purrfect life is changed forever when the family adopts a (gasp!) dog. I hope you'll take a peek! Best fishes, Lee Wardlaw

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.