Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings




There are some suspiciously book-shaped packages
under my tree this year,
all labeled, "To: Debbie  From: Santa."
I am very, very hopeful.


And look what Santa already brought me!


So, I will be happy,
no, thrilled,
for any books I receive from Santa.
Or gift cards for books.

Are you listening, Santa?

And how about you?
What books are you hoping that Santa will bring?

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!


Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

17 comments:

  1. I am sending lots a requests to Santa for a Gift from Amazon and also one from Barnes and Noble. I have so many books I would love to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little worried about the lateness of this list....Are you out there, Santa? Are you paying attention?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, so true! Sometimes Santa even brings me books I already have (Santa finds it intimidating to buy books for a librarian), but I still love those because I can pass them along or trade with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care if Santa brings me books I already have, either! Hey, a book is a book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I hope those book-shaped packages deliver what they're supposed to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be terribly disappointed if the book-shaped packages hold something other than books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should be very hopeful that those packages from Santa are books! :D I've received a lot of books from friends, and there is another book-shaped package from my beau, sooooo, yay! Maybe Santa will bring me a giftcard for my stocking, too. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ~DJL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gift cards are my favorite. The only book shaped gifts under my tree so far are for my husband, so here's hoping.

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean by the suspiciously book-like packages... The suspense is killing me. Christmas can't get here soon enough!

    Thanks for visiting my top ten.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, nothing like knowing there are books waiting under that wrapping paper! And gift cards are just full of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, this is perfect. Good to know you're not super picky! Santa's lucky when coming to your house - he pretty much can't go wrong!

    Thanks for stopping by! : ) Happy Holidays.
    -Jessie Marie, your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gift cards would be a good present too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of books under the tree....totally jealous! I don't think I'll be getting ANY books for Christmas. That's probably a good thing since I have wayyyyy too many books to read as is!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're so lucky having so many book shaped packages under your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still have a birthday gift card leftover to spend, and I've been strategizing!

    Enjoy your book-shaped Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like a happy Christmas tree! How I would love a hefty B and N gift card and someone to watch my little guy while I go and spend it!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.