Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Top Ten Favorite Books I Read in 2011

My ten favorite books read in 2011 are:

Travels in Siberia by Ian Frazier
I did not see much sun during the past few weeks. I've been in Siberia.  I've been reading Travels in Siberia by Ian Frazier. ...more


Poser by Claire Dederer
“We didn’t want to look good. We wanted to be good.” Claire is a new mom, a wife, and a writer and she is so close to having a nervous bre...more



Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
Are you like me? Do you ever read a book that is so amazing that all you want to do is tell people to go read this book? I'm not just talk...more


Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
Take a look at the cover on this book before you decide to invest seven hours of your life in this book. Unlike many book covers, this one is a pretty...more


The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings
I just spent about six hours with The Yearling and I could happily turn to page one and spend another six hours. ...more


I Must Have Bobo! by Eileen Rosenthal
Willy is distraught to find that his precious Bobo is missing when he wakes in the morning. Willy knows Bobo’s presence is essential to his happiness....more


The Kitchen Counter Cooking School by Kathleen Flinn
I grew up in the sixties when there was a strong movement toward moving back to natural foods. I had a mom who was a stay-at-home mother and prepared ...more


The Princess and the Pig by Jonathan Emmett
A baby pig and a baby princess accidentally exchange places in this funny tale. The pig is presumed to be the princess transformed by a disgruntled fa...more
Room by Emma Donoghue
Best fiction book of the year for me. Read it. Enough said.


My Korean Deli by Ben Ryder Howe
There are books I read that make me wish I were as good at reviewing books as I am at re...more


There's my ten.
How about you?
What were your favorite reads of 2011?






Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

38 comments:

  1. Interesting titles. I've thought about reading Room, but wondered ... I've just added it to my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Yearling is one of my favourite books! I really want to read Room and Travels in Siberia sound good. Great list! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Game of Thrones was on my list too, such a great series, I'm so glad the TV show brought it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these (A) But I do own Game of Thrones :D Great list, though ;) The books sounds interesting :)
    Thank you for commenting on my top ten. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just picked up the Kitchen Counter Cooking School from the library, I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All new to me novels! Yay, yay!. I am gonna add to my already LONG tbr pile!! Come check mine too:

    Here is my Top Ten post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this list - I haven't read any of them but all are books I plan on reading soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good call on Room! That was a really surreal and intense read!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Michele | Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...I haven't read ANY of those...total epic blogger fail...lol! I'll have to add some to my TBR!

    Here's my Top Ten!
    http://unabridgedandralyn.blogspot.com/2011/12/december-27-top-ten-favorite-books-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Titles! I haven't read any of those, but I've heard of Room and might want to read it.

    Kandee

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished Unbroken two weeks ago and thought it was great non-fiction - so touching. I also enjoyed Game of Thrones this year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Game of Thrones is on my TBR list, and I can't wait to read it. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope to read Game of Thrones next year. Glad to see it on your list. Room is an engrossing read. Hope you have another great year of reading in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by! I like your post, although I have to admit, I need to read the books you've picked!

    I'd like to follow you, but you don't have Networked Blogs. : ( Please let me know if you ever add that widget to your blog, too! (Or if I'm being blind and you actually have it. oô)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome list. I forgot about Room, I completely agree with on that. And Game of Thrones is a really awesome book. Thanks for visiting my list. =]
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm hearing about Room a lot lately, maybe I should read it too. Thank you for sharing your top ten.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Room is awesome, isn't it? I have A Game of Thrones to read atm and I'd love to read Unbroken too. I've heard wonderful things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The variety of your lists is always awesome. I'm interested in reading Travels in Siberia, but I'm a little intimidated by it, so I'm happy to see that you found it so enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait to read A Game of Thrones next month! I started listening to the audio months ago but stopped since I couldn't do anything but listen. The story is so compelling!

    If you loved Poser, then I know I will too. I'm adding everything to my tbr list!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do so solemnly swear to read Game of Thrones in 2012! Unbroken is also on my bookshelf. Love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a really mixed list! I'm interested in The Yearling...I've watched the movie starring Gregory Peck.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great list. Unbroken was a Santa gift, so I can wait to dive into it.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    Laura @ The Traveling Owl

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well there's only one here that I've heard of lol I read a couple hundred pages of game of thrones, but I'd already seen the series and they're exactly the same so I stopped, am going to read the second one when I can

    ReplyDelete
  24. Interesting list. These are all new to me. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    JJiReads
    Check out my Top Ten List

    ReplyDelete
  25. Unbroken really is an amazing book. And I like reading memoirs about cooking. So Kitchen Counter Cooking School might be for me. Thanks for pointing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great list! Most of these are new to me, but Poser sounds really awesome.

    Thanks for stopping by Project to be Read :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Room sounds riveting! I think I'll read it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooh, I want to read Room. And my husband's threatening to not let me watch Game of Thrones until I read the book... Laura Hillenbrand, what else has she written? Great list!!

    Thanks for visiting my top ten.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've been a huge fan of the A Song of Ice and Fire series before A Game of Thrones came out on tv, and I'm so glad that a lot of people are really getting into it! Isn't it amazing? And the books are just HUGE bricks! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I enjoyed My Korean Deli too -- I remember parts of it made me chortle out loud :)

    Hope you have a wonderful New year's weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Deb,

    I'm collecting book lists at Semicolon, and if you link, I'll recommend you a book or two to read in 2012. You're invited to the party: http://www.semicolonblog.com/?p=16513

    ReplyDelete
  32. That is always the problem with these lists: they give one and endless source of books to choose from and they are a weekly thing. With about 300 books mentioned each week, it's impossible to be reading them all!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nice to see your top book. I'm reading Poseur right now and have read My Korean
    Deli. I like your other books too.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I also enjoyed Room, there were moments were I actually tensed up from the action.

    I read Game of Thrones prior to the mini-series and thought they were fairly faithful in the adaptation with a few minor changes. I plan to read the other books in the series this year.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm hoping to get to Game of Thrones soon! And I see a few titles on your list that I'll be adding to my TBR. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  36. The only one of your books I've read is Room and it was excellent. I'll have to check out the rest - I'm especially interested in Unbroken.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow, that sounds like an awesome list Deb!!! And I haven't read 1 of these books yet, so that's a lot to add to my wishlist! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  38. I meant to buy Unbroken for my father for Christmas. It isn't that easy to find here. Perhaps it'll turn up sometime.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.