Monday, May 14, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

                             




What I Finished Last Week
(Reviews Coming Soon)

Learned Optimism by Martin Seligman

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
by Jennifer E. Smith

Bloom by Kelle Hampton

How to Train a Wild Elephant &
Other Adventures in Mindfulness
by Jan Chosen Bays


 
What I'm Reading Now

The Voluntourist by Ken Budd

The Penguin Anthology of 20th Century American Poetry
edited by Rita Dove

Long Way Home by Bill Barich



What I Might Read Next


The Loop by Joe Coomer



What are you reading today?!



It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! As part of this weekly meme Book Journey loves to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. Book Journey offers a weekly contest for those who visit 10 or more of the Monday Meme participants and leave a comment telling BJ how many you visited.

25 comments:

  1. I haven't read The Loop but I have really loved all of Joe Coomer's books that I have read so I imagine this is a good one too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was inspired to read it after stumbling on the movie based on the book.

      Delete
  2. All good books, I love the bird on the cover of The Loop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a bird, so the bird in the book strikes me as a particularly realistic character.

      Delete
  3. Nice! Those are all new to me but I hope you enjoy your reads for the week!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I am able to read a little more this week than in the past few weeks!

      Delete
  4. Those books look great. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget how busy May is. Hope to squeeze in a little book time this week.

      Delete
  5. These books are all new to me...hope you enjoy them!

    Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such interesting books! Mostly non-fiction too. I love reading self-help books and true stories. They are very uplifting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how colorful these covers are! And Bloom has captured my interest for awhile now...enjoy!

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like some fantastic reading! Enjoy! We are finally getting some nice weather here and I will be on that deck today reading - I will!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The students at my school are really enjoying Statistical Probibility. Maybe I'll have to borrow it from the library over the summer

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in green envy over your Penguin Anthology of Poetry. As a sometime poetry writer myself, its a great book to have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not a reader of non-fiction, but a couple of these titles have my interest! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I need to check out The Loop and add it to my wish list!

    See you next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Most of these are new to me too. I would definitely pick up a book with a bird on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not heard of most of those books but they do sound interesting. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope you enjoy your week of reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You certainly had a big reading week. I could only ever manage to finish 4 picture books in a week, not 4 grown up books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I finished nothing last week. This week is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in the midst of finals so the only reading I'm doing is from a text book. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How to Train a Wild Elephant sounds interesting, and the cover makes me smile. Hope you have a great reading week ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is that Penguin Anthology of 20th Century American Poetry huge? Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm reading Bloom this week. What did you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't know any of your books, but The Voluntourist looks like a good armchair travel book! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.