Monday, September 3, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?!


                 
               



What I Finished Last Week


A couple of food-ish books:
The Table Comes First: 
Family France and the Meaning of Food
by Adam Gopnik
“In cooking you begin with the ache and
 end with the object, where in most of the life
 of the appetites---courtship, marriage---you start with the...more


Beaten, Seared, and Sauced:
On Becoming a Chef at the Culinary Institute of America
by Jonathan Dixon
Jonathan Dixon drifted. For years. Decades. 
One day he woke up and realized he was almost forty 
and had no career. He decided...more





What I'm Reading Now



Visit Sunny Chernobyl 
and Other Adventures in the World's Most Polluted Places
by Andrew Blackwell


Just My Type:
A Book about Fonts
by Simon Garfield



The Empty Glass
by J. I. Baker





What I (Finally!) Reviewed Last Week


Then Again
by Diane Keaton
Why do people who are wonderful in one field 
always think they can be wonderful...more



Fire in the Ashes:
Twenty-five Years Among the 
Poorest Children in America
by Jonathan Kozol
Jonathan Kozol breaks my heart 
every time I open one of his books.
 Who knew the suffering children are experiencing 
in homes in the poorest areas of...more



Educating Alice:
Adventures of a Curious Woman
by Alice Steinbach
I want to be Alice Steinbach. 
I want to travel around the world.
 I want to stop here and there and 
take classes in things that interest me. I want to...more


Maine: A Novel
by J. Courtney Sullivan
Families are the places we share 
the most happy times and the most miserable times, 
the greatest joys and the most pain...more





What are you reading today?!


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! As part of this weekly meme Book Journey loves to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. Book Journey offers a weekly contest for those who visit 10 or more of the Monday Meme participants and leave a comment telling BJ how many you visited.

28 comments:

  1. OOh interesting! Those are new to me but I hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting reads! Enjoy them :)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of these are new to me. Maine is on wish list.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Have an awesome week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have such an awesome stack of books Deb :) (Which means my tbr pile keeps growing!) I enjoyed Sunny Chernobyl, hope you do as well.

    The Relentless Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Maine...and I want to read Then Again and The Empty Glass. Enjoy!!

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading Elza's Kitchen by Marc Fitten a foodie novel that might fit in well with your foodie reading! :-) Your books look like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Maine on my tbr list...looking forward to reading it.

    Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my blog.
    ~Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm Maine just might have to go on my tbr list :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover for Beaten, Seared & Sauced - definitely one I would like to check out. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm reading The Woman Who Walked Into Doors by Roddy Doyle (I've owned it for 5 years and am just getting around to it) and Vegetable, Mineral, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm finally reading Gone Girl and hope to finish it today. Worked on review of The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny today (audiobook edition) to post tomorrow. Wish every weekend could be a three-day one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not heard of any of these books but they do look intriguing. Hope you enjoy your week of reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always happiest when I have an enormous pile of possibilities and time to root around. Like today.

      Delete
  13. Ooo... Some intriguing non-fiction titles. I think I need to go back to school; every non-fic book I come across lately makes me want to learn everything about a subject.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have some great reads this week. I'm looking forward to The Empty Glass and Just My Type. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there! Your titles here look great. The first two reminded me of the celebration meant for Julia Child as people around the world celebrated her birthday a week ago, I think. You have lovely selections here. Enjoy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.