Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Top Ten Bookish People I Want To Meet

I love children's book authors.

I've been lucky enough to meet a lot of them.

Do you recognize these children's book authors?

       

(Answers, from top left, clockwise:  Seymour Simon, Gail Gibbons,
Richard Peck, Esme Raji Codell)



Here are ten I wish I had met:


Dr. Seuss (Ted Geissel)



Author and illustrator (The Little House) 
Virginia Lee Burton
Amazing artist.


J. R. R. Tolkien
He looks so jolly with that pipe.



Illustrator Quentin Blake



E.B. White,
author of Charlotte's Web
and a brilliant essayist




Beverly Cleary,
author of Henry Huggins
and all the Beezus books,
shown here with the Beezus statue
I visited earlier this summer in Portland, Oregon



William Steig,
author and illustrator
of Shrek and 
Sylvester and the Magic Pebble



Robert McCloskey,
author and illustrator of
Make Way for Ducklings
and Homer Price



What bookish people would you like to meet?

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

27 comments:

  1. Great list. I never pictured Tolkien as being jolly. Nice picture :) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You panicked me for a moment! Beverly Cleary is still alive at 96! Burton looks very friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting list, I'd love to join your for your meetings with them....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful list! I've gotten to meet some wonderful authors, but I'd really love to meet Stephen King, Erin Morgenstern, Christopher Pike, (the late) Maeve Binchy, Gail Carson Levine, Sarah Addison Allen and Ann Rule. Tolkien would have been amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool that we have Mr Blake in common! I really would have loved to meet Dr. Seuss now that you mention it... I'm sure he'd be very funny and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always especially interested in those who write and draw.

      Delete
  6. I included four 'children's authors' on my list too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful list - it's lieka time capsule of some of my favorite children's authors :-) I wish I could just sit down with Dr. Seuss and watch him work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your lit people on it I would definately like to meet too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed your list. Tolkein is on mine, too. I imagine he shows up on a few lists like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great list! So many great authors on there. I thought about including Dr. Seuss in mine, but I also love Quentin Blake and Beverly Cleary.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if he'd have been a great guy to meet in real life.

      Delete
  11. Best list I've seen all day, nicely done. And thanks so much for stopping by kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yours is really a lovely, lovely list :) I'm afraid I don't know many of them (bad, bad reader), but I'm all for Quentin Blake and Tolkien!

    ReplyDelete
  13. PG Wodehouse, EB White, Virginia Woolf.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tolkien truly would have been a fascinating person to meet. Dr.Seuss would have been great too. I would probably come away with some awesome quotes.

    Thank You for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dr. Seuss would be amazing! :) I was lucky enough to meet Esme at a librarian conference...extremely nice and pretty wonderful.

    Top Ten Tuesday @ The Brunette Librarian

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.