Monday, November 12, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?!

                 





What I Reviewed Last Week



The End of Your Life Book Club
by Will Schwalbe
Will Schwalbe's mom is diagnosed with terminal cancer. 
Will and his mom decide to form an informal two-person book club 
and set off reading and talking...more



The Spindlers
by Lauren Oliver
Liza is the only one who realizes her brother 
Patrick's soul has been stolen by wicked Spindlers, 
spider-ish creatures who live Below. Liza slips through...more 




The Mountain Between Us
by Charles Martin
I shouldn't even elude to plot in this review of 
The Mountain Between Us. 
You will hate me if I give anything away, 
even if I elude to the fact that...more





The Shoemaker's Wife
by Adriana Trigiani
I can't remember the last Trigiani book I read, 
but I know it was back when my most challenging reads 
were because of length of the novel rather than...more 





Artemis Fowl
by Eoin Colfer
Artemis is clever, very clever. He wants fairy gold. And he has a plan to get it.
The fairies are rather smart, too. They want to keep their gold. The...more
 



Paradox: The Nine Greatest Enigmas in Physics
by Jim Al-Khalili
One of my favorite words. 
How could I pass up this book, 
with a title like that? 
Even if, when I really thought about it, 
I knew it would probably be...more




The Household Guide to Dying
by Debra Adelaide
What's an advice columnist to do when she discovers she is dying? 
Write a book providing advice about dying, of course.
And that's what Delia does, in...more





Sahara
by Michael Palin
My first book by this wonderful travel author. 
How has he eluded me for so long? 
Michael Palin is that perfect mix of an excellent observer of all that...more






Julie Andrews'
Treasury for All Seasons
I'm always looking for another great book of poems and 
what better way to organize these than to set them to 
the rhythm of the seasons and who better...more



All the Awake Animals Are Almost Asleep
by Crescent Dragonwagon
After a busy day, children need a quiet book before bedtime. 
Just say the title of this book and you'll know right away that this is a perfect choice....more




The Thankful Book
by Todd Parr
Every book on happiness I read raves about the value of being thankful. 
Once again, Todd Parr takes on a worthy subject and brings to it the simplicity...more








What Came in the Mail Last Week
and I'm Reading Now

The Cybils nonfiction picture book nominees
have started to arrive!


For the Birds: The Life of Roger Tory Peterson
by Peggy Thomas




Follow the Drinking Gourd
by Cari Meister




Giant Squid 
by Mary Cerullo




Queen of the Track
by Heather Lang




And I also received some wonderful new nonfiction
reads in the mail:


On the Map: 
A Mind-Expanding Exploration 
of the Way the World Looks
by Simon Garfield




Buddy:
How a Rooster Made Me a Family Man
by Brian McGrory










What are you reading today?!


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! As part of this weekly meme Book Journey loves to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. Book Journey offers a weekly contest for those who visit 10 or more of the Monday Meme participants and leave a comment telling BJ how many you visited.

28 comments:

  1. Thanks for telling us about the travel writer, Palin. Travel books are ones I do enjoy! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could read nothing but travel books and have a happy life.

      Delete
  2. The Shoemaker's Wife sounds pretty good. :) thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of info about making shoes that I didn't know. Who'd have thought that would be fascinating?!

      Delete
  3. OOh wow! Lots of books there! These are new to me but I hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen The End of Your Life Book Club on quite a few blogs and I'm hoping to get to The Shoemaker's Wife before too much longer. Looks like you enjoyed them both.
    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy week!

    That rooster book looks interesting. Sound like something a very close friend of mine would read. haha!

    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have The End of Your Life Book Club with my TBR books already. And All the Awake Animals Are Almost Asleep looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really have enjoyed Trigiani's books, but haven't yet read The Shoemaker's Wife. I want to do that soon!

    Love the cover on The Spindlers.

    Enjoy your week...and here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books this week. I love Adriana Trigiani - she is definitely one of my favorite authors and I absolutely loved The Shoemaker's Wife.

    Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my blog!
    ~Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, I have missed the last couple of Trigiani books.

      Delete
  9. The Mountain Between Us sounds so good! I am in the mood for a book just like that right now, I will have to check it out. If the library has it, it might trump one of the books I am planning on reading this week! :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother-in-law loved it so much that my sister got it for me for my birthday.

      Delete
  10. You had a great week! I've been seeing The End of Your Life Book Club all over! Have another great week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at all of those books, yay! Buddy was very sweet, I enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep hearing of Lauren Oliver but nothing sticks .. yet.. Enjoy your week!! Here is my Monday post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the Awake Animals... looks like a book this grandma needs to pick up asap. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Palin - though more for his roles in the Monty Python movies :)

    Have a happy reading week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy reading! The only thing I'm reading right now is a textbook. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, it IS Cybils time, isn't it? Lots and lots of great books here. For the Birds looks really beautiful and The End of Your Life Book Club - I love how diverse your reading tastes are. Wondrous variety of books on spread. Enjoy the rest of your reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many great titles I want to read! Plus, there are some books that I'd read just based on their covers! Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.