Saturday, June 15, 2013

Ready for Summer!

No, don't worry. I'm not going to send you running to the Un-Follow button by posting photos of me in my newest bathing suit. That's not how I get ready for summer, anyway.

This is what I do: Two weeks before school's out I start requesting books from my three favorite libraries. I request a couple of books at Paperbackswap. I buy a few books at Amazon. I pick up a couple more books at Barnes & Noble. And there are always the usual books-to-review that seem to arrive rather steadily at three a week these days.

Here's some of the thirty or so books that I'm set to read this summer:

 Some fun cookbooks.

Paris. Of course.


Writing. And drawing.



Origami stories. Philosophy. And poetry.


And an amazing book I request every summer:
The Most Beautiful Libraries in the World.

Saturday Snapshot is now hosted by West Metro Mommy ReadsTo participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky below. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.

22 comments:

  1. Vicki, what a nice variety there, I've seen that "most beautiful libraries book" it's wonderful - great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, these are lovely! And since you purged some shelves, you have room...right?

    Enjoy...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not Vicki (though I always wanted to be named Vicki, I think). Thanks for stopping by, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahoo for stacks of books! :D I've heard good things about that Rutherford, I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to start the summer. I always raid the shelves at work since I work in a library. Last summer I brought home 30 books, but this summer I chose 6. I figure I can go back any time I need a YA fix!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed Paris by Edward Rutherfurd -- and it took my whole France trip to read it! Here were my thoughts: http://www.joyweesemoll.com/2013/06/07/book-review-paris-by-edward-rutherfurd/

    That library book looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's some selection you have here, happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got an interesting mix of books there, especially the cookery ones. My Snapshot is http://goo.gl/9IGEs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite a collection, Deb! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some nice titles here.

    PARIS looks good.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Saturday Snapshot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a perfect summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm very happy to have all of these choices!

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like a good lot of reading! :)

    I have PARIS on my tbr pile, too. I love his books!

    Beth
    Beth's Book-Nook Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like you have plenty of good books for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do like your books especially the Paris ones.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my! such a wonderful set of books.. i love the.. well all of them

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many FOOD books!!!! Looks like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Origami stories? That is intriguing for sure. Enjoy your summer reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Deb, I love your plan! I'm sending today putting together my summer reading stack. Enjoy your stack.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a good collection! That Library book looks fascinating.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.