Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Shibumi



Shibumi:
Objects and experiences that exhibit in paradox and all at once the best of everything and nothing. 
Elegant simplicity. 
Effortless effectiveness. 
Understated elegance. 
Beautiful imperfection.







For more wordless photos, go to Wordless Wednesday.

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by West Metro Mommy ReadsTo participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky at West Metro Mommy Reads.

Wondrous Words Wednesday is a weekly meme where we share new (to us) words
that we’ve encountered in our reading.
If you want to play along, grab the button,
write a post and come back and add your link to Mr. Linky at Bermuda Onion!


20 comments:

  1. A wonderful shot and I never heart before of Shibumi.
    Best regards, Synnöve

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me stop for a moment on my Internet wanderings Deb, thought-provoking shot and the poem is perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I'd call it dead flower but yours sound better. Glad you like the dishes. Tea pot & cups are colport and the plates my late auntys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colors, exquisite petals, great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quote to go along with the photo. It's bittersweet... I really like it, and the shot is really nice - I like the angle you've taken. Thanks for visiting me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and a lovely shot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shibumi- new word. Love it. I had the same experience today. I got up and looked outside and saw something on the porch that needed investigating. it ended up it was just a pile of rose petals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for teaching me something new!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that flower has a lovely color. Thanks for sharing and showing it in an artful way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful...and so many poetic thoughts come to mind, if only I could express them! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. This picture - I can't even speak for how much I love it! It just touches me in a way I can't explain.... Thank you for sharing!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Withered, yet hasn't lost its beauty! Great pic.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.