Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thirty Days of Thankfulness

Day 1. My wonderful wabi-sabi town. Beauty in the imperfect. Alvin, Texas can be as wonderful as Paris, France.


Day 2. " ... give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Day 3. Corrie Ten Boom and her sister, while in a concentration camp during WWII, were thankful for fleas.

Day 4. Words. Beautiful words. Happy words. Silly words. Peaceful words. Always, with me, it's words.

Day 5. Coffee. Thank you.


Day 6. Thank you, Mother Teresa.


Day 7. Stories. Big stories. Small stories.


Day 8. Mi familia. I wish I could tell my husband and my sons and their wives and my granddaughter and my sister and my brothers and their spouses and my dad and my nieces and my nephews and my sisters-in-law and my brothers-in-law and my cousins and my aunts 
and my uncles and my various garden-variety-relatives how much I love them. A lot.


Day 9. Languages. Spanish. Then French. And even a little Italian.

Day 10. “Here are the two best prayers I know: 'Help me, help me, help me' and 'Thank you, thank you, thank you.” ― Anne Lamott

Day 11.  How to be happy. Or happier. Thank you.


Day 12. My Little Library.

Day 13. A reading room of my very own.


Day 14. Yoga. Thank you.


Day 15. Bookcrossing. Online book groups. All the friends I've made through books. I thank you.


Day 16. I read for a living. I'm a librarian. Thank you.


Day 17. Authors.

Day 18. "Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land." – Psalm 95:1-5


Day 19. Strawberries. Bananas. Blueberries. Grapes. Apples. Oranges.


Day 20. Hats. Dresses. Jewelry. Skirts. Pajamas. And hats.

Day 21. Walking.


Day 22. Baking bread.


Day 23. Sunshine. Thank you.

Day 24. Drawing.

Day 25. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." – Philippians 4:6-7


Day 26. The World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookie.


Day 27. Reading on my front porch.

Day 28. My favorite books via My Ideal Bookshelf.


Day 29. Trees. Thank you.


Day 30. "Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." – Psalm 100:1-5



What are you thankful for?


8 comments:

  1. What a lovely list! So many of these would appear on mine as well. Especially friends made through books. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list, you listed some wonderful things. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Here's my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Oh yes, I am most thankful for coffee too :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I just read the story about the fleas- what an uplifting thing! Especially that it actually happened. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankful for family, friends, books, chocolate, our dog, beauty, faith, sunshine streaming through windows, and so, so much more. Thanks for sharing your beautiful list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice list. I'm thankful for: family, my dog, my friends, and my life. ha.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.