Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Library Addicti...excuse me...Habits Meme
Library Habits Meme:
(1) If you don’t frequent your local library, why not?
I frequent. Frequently.
(2) If you do visit the library, how often do you go?
Daily, at times.
(3) Do you have a favorite section that you always head to first, or do you just randomly peruse the shelves?
The checkout desk. I'm picking up books I'd placed on hold.
I always love to look through New Books, too.
(4) How many books are you allowed to check out at one time? Do you take advantage of this?
No limit. I wouldn't say I take advantage of this, but I've been known to bring my little red wagon along with me.
I've heard talk the powers that be are considering setting a limit due to a "certain patron." No names, please.
(5) How long are you allowed to have the books checked out?
Two lovely weeks.
(6) How many times are you allowed to renew your check-outs, if at all?
Two times for a total of six weeks.
(7) What do you love best about your particular library?
Beautiful mural on front. The books. And the books.
(8) What is one thing you wish your library did differently?
Open a coffee shop. Then I would never have to leave.
(9) Do you request your books via an online catalogue, or through the librarian at your branch?
10) Have you ever chosen a book on impulse (from the online catalogue OR the shelves) and had it turn out to be totally amazing? If so, what book was it, and why did you love it?
Often. I remember Material World. I didn't want to turn it back in.
Wait...you didn't ask my favorite question....How many library cards do I have? Let's see....my county, of course...two neighboring counties...and five city libraries...How many is that? Well, let's just say that I have more library cards than credit cards and leave it at that.