Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Top Ten Dynamic Duos

Rivalries this time,
(as opposed to my earlier list of happy duos)
strictly from kiddie lit today....
(and if you haven't read these,
no matter what your age,
go to the library TODAY and read them....)

Sam-I-Am and Green Eggs and Ham
A classic rivalry.

Shark and Train
What do you think?
Shark? Or Train?


Dinosaur and Bedtime
All parents know who we hope will win.

Pinkalicious and Fancy Nancy
This is a fake rivalry,
as they do not appear in the same book.
Both are pink and both are fancy.
But who is the pinkest? The fanciest?


Pigeon and the Bus Driver


Toughness and a Miniature Poodle


 The Grinch and Christmas


Tadpole and Caterpillar
A love match for the ages.
Well, for a season.


Miss Nelson and Her Class


Mayhem and Beauty






Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

30 comments:

  1. What? No Morris the Moose and Boris the Bear? I always adored them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morris the Moose and Boris the Bear? I must seek these two rivals out. New to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately the only one of these that I've read is Green Eggs and Ham, one of my favourite books as a kid. I never did get round to the Grinch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for a list. I used to work in a library, and one of my co-workers came across Tadpole's Promise. We were laughing about it for hours, but I remember thinking I didn't really want my kid ever reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the your selection of kiddie lit. Green Eggs and Ham is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the Dr. Seuss picks! And definitely try more John Green. :)

    Jess @ Gone with the Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee hee...I love your children's book theme! Miss Nelson is Missing is one of my all-time faves and of course, the Dr. Seuss classics are still fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great twist on the theme! I know Green Eggs, Grinch, Pigeon, and Miss Nelson!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Grinch. Also great ideas for books to get my kid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your list, Deb, esp. because your focus is so different from my own. Mayhem & Beauty as a power couple: simply on a metaphorical level, it gives one pause... Now I must read that book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your list! I didn't even think of mentioning characters and their challenges (e.g. Sam-I-Am and Green Eggs and Ham). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did the same thing, and focused on kids' books. I love that you included Miss Nelson and her class, that's such a great one! Love the Pinkalicious/Fancy Nancy rivalry, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so enjoyed your list, not only for its intrinsic interest, but because it's so different from my own. And Mayhem and Beauty: on a metaphorical level alone, that duo's got me intrigued. Time to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Generally speaking, I'd bet on the train.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a uniquely awesome list! Oh, I have to add one of the Serendipity Books, Persnickity the Little Dragon, to the list! :D He's the only neat and tidy dragon among a clan of messy, filthy dragons, so you can bet that creates an interesting rivalry. Great list, Deb!

    Happy reading!
    DJL

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love your take on the duos! I thought about Tadpole's Promise too... so tragic!
    My first time by- love it!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  17. loved the rival's angle on the duo post! had a look at your previous happy couples one and must say i was soooo close to having Charlotte's web on my duo's post today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. great choices,always loved the Grinch, pls stop and see mine.

    ReplyDelete
  19. bwahahahahaha Sam-I-Am and Green Eggs and Ham for the win! Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pigeon and Bus Driver is one for the ages...love those books!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great list! I'm a new follower! Thanks for checking out my blog earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kid's books sure are full of these!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The pigeon and the bus driver book is so cute. I love everything by Mo Willems.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good list. Rivals are certainly dynamic. I especially like the Grinch and Christmas.

    Here is my list http://hawthornescarlet.blogspot.com/2011/03/top-ten-tuesday-it-takes-two.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Haha this post totally made my day! I'm in a Children's Lit class and sadly we haven't come across any of these. But I would recommend Martina the Beautiful Cockroach, there are a lot of rivalries in there. And btw Max versus the Wild Things isn't up there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a VERY good list! Loved it!


    Here is my Top Ten Picks post!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love it, I love it, I love it!!! What a great take on the top ten list!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
    According to my little sister you have an amazing list!

    ReplyDelete
  29. what about rocky and bullwinkle? :)
    "and here's somethings we hope you'll really like...

    Rocky: Do you know what an A-bomb is?
    Bullwinkle: Certainly. A bomb is what some people call our show."

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous list. I do so love Green Eggs and Ham, and that Sam-I-Am!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.