Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Top Ten Children's Picture Books I Wish I Could Read for the Very First Time (But Which I Fear I'll Never Be Able to Read*)


Top Ten Children's Picture Books
I Wish I Could Read for the Very First Time
 (But Which I Fear I'll Never Be Able to Read*)


I'm trying to read all 1001 of the 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up. All of these are out of print in the US and impossible to find at the public library. So far, I have not been able to read any of these.
I hope a publisher out there is reading this.



Little Brown Bear by Claude Lebrun




Little Spook's Baby Sister
by Inger Sandberg



Julian the Rabbit by Nicoletta Costa
(I couldn't even find a photo of this one!)



Bunny Bath by Lena Anderson



Tatu and Paty in Helsinki by Aino Havukainen
(Another book for which I could find no photo)



Okilele by Claude Ponti



Fire-Engine Lil by Janet McLean




 Pancakes for Findus by Sven Nordqvist




 Postman Pat's Treasure Hunt by John A. Cunliffe



 Leo and Popi by Marie-Agnes Gaudrat

Don't you think these should be widely available?! 



*I modified the prompt to suit my own purposes.



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

15 comments:

  1. Those are some great kid's books. Boy, do I ever miss going to the library with my young'uns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree, Deb, you should be able to read these books. I love the title: FIRE ENGINE LIL.

    The cover of LEO ET POPI is wonderful.

    Maybe you'll get lucky at a used book store. Have you tried Alibris on line?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great modification, especially since I know you don't like to reread. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luckily, though my kids are grown, I get to read picture books all the time to children at my school library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I read any of those when I was little. My favorite children book was probably If you Give a Mouse a Cookie or anything by Dr. Seuss. (:

    Definitely read Paper Towns! That and Looking for Alaska are amazing. (I still have to read An Abundance of Katherines.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yvette, thanks for the suggestion of trying Alibris, but I'd rather not pay for the book. Of course, that may be my only choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right, Jenni. I do not like to reread!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do miss the children's section of the library. The artwork is so gorgeous - too bad adult books don't often have illustrators. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so fascinated by this list Deb. I think of you every time I'm in a thrift store, since I've heard you lament not being able to find these books before. I always wish I had a photographic memory, just in case I ran across one of them...


    Come visit my list at The Scarlet Letter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If only you did have a photographic memory! If only you would see these books for sale for a penny and send them my way! Wouldn't that be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know any of these title. I hope you manage to track them down :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you subverted the topic to suit your own needs! I despair of getting some of these books too. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. For Little Spook`s Baby Sister. I found it to purchase on bookfinder. Here`s the link: http://www.biblio.com/details.php?dcx=514101398&aid=bkfndr

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't want you to think I'm creeping you, I just happen to be on a wild search through the 1001 Children's List... And it keeps bringing me back here. And since this list infuriates me... I haven't found any of the others, but here is the website to the cover and original title of Julian the Rabbit. Unless, you're sane and have given up hope... as evidently I am incapable of. lol
    http://www.shelfari.com/books/17346987/Julian-the-Rabbit-Stories-for-a-Year

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.