Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Authors I'd Love To Have At My Thanksgiving Feast


Mo Willems (Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!)



Lois Lowry (The Giver)

Katherine Paterson (The Great Gilly Hopkins)


E. B. White (Charlotte's Web and many books of essays for adults)

Cynthia Rylant (The Relatives Came; The Wonderful Happens)


William Steig (Sylvester and the Magic Pebble)


Kate DiCamillo (Because of Winn-Dixie; Tale of Despereaux)



Roald Dahl (The BFG; Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)



C. S. Lewis (Narnia books)


Mark Twain (Tom Sawyer; Huck Finn)


Who would you choose?
What about children's authors?
Any suggestions for my party?


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

27 comments:

  1. You know what I love most about this list? How many authors have photos with their adorable dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic group! I love the blend of classic and contemporary authors. I'd add Judy Blume and J.K. Rowling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roald Dahl would be a fun and quirky guest, wouldn't he? Mark Twain, also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choices all ... and I suspect it would be a fun, noisy and completely enjoyable holiday!

    Thanks for visiting my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know I haven't read a single one of these books?! ~ Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, can you imagine the conversations. What a great list of authors. And it is funny how many have dogs, or pigeons, with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, love all the photos with the dogs!
    But to be honest, I'd invite Julia Child! (and hope she would do the cooking) Bon Appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic list. I love many of your choices! I wish I had thought of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lewis and Twain, how did I miss them? They are wonderful choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Those are some awesome choices. I didn't even think of Roald Dahl.

    Thanks for stopping by Project to be Read :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your list too.. I have Roald Dahl on my guest list as well but Twain and C.S.Lewis just got dropped at the very last...

    ReplyDelete
  12. am following you now.. my top ten is up as well..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list! Mark Twain would definitely be a good choice. I forgot to add him to my list, though: http://palmtreesbarefeet.wordpress.com/2011/11/22/top-ten-tuesday-authors-i-want-at-my-thanksgiving-dinner/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are great choices, but I'd be so intimidated at that dinner...

    Definitely Mo Willems though. In fact, I'd have it at his house with the chalkboard walls in the dining room. I'll have to think about my other guests though...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the idea of having chalkboard walls in my dining room. I wonder what my husband would think....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list and would love to meet those too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I definitely agree with you on Steig, Lowry, and Rylant. I would probably invite Melanie Rae Thon, Junot Diaz, Toni Morrison, and a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I spy lots of doggies in those author pictures! LOL. Great list! Mo Willems - cool choice!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I want to come to your house for Thanksgiving!! What a great group of children's authors - I would love to be a part of those discussions.

    Sue

    Great Books for Kids and Teens

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for stopping by and great idea, i should have posted pictures of the authors hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome list of authors here! And I love the pictures you found for them too, they all show quite the personality. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this list. Wow...what a dinner party that would be. Many of my favourites here....

    ReplyDelete
  23. C. S. Lewis made my list too! Other children's author's I'd choose: Shel Silverstein, Maud Hart Lovelace (Betsy & Tacy series), Elizabeth Enright, John Ryan (Captain Pugwash books--discovered those with my son), and Herge (Georges Remi--author of the Tin Tin books).

    Here's the guest list I posted: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/11/top-ten-g-guests-for-thanksgiving.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a party that would be. Although I think some of those boys might get a bit rowdy, even before they'd had a shandy or two!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Give me F Scott Fitzgerald and Murakami Haruki and that's a Thanksgiving I'd attend any day! haha

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.